North Carolina Arboretum Running Tour in Asheville
Beginning at the North Carolina Arboretum, we'll take you on a run through beautiful forests, seasonal wildflowers, and fresh mountain streams. We'll pass exhibits of short-leaf pine, eastern hemlock, red cedar, and even an assortment of native azaleas, among others. As we run, we'll share a brief history of how the nearby Biltmore Estate was crucial in the founding of Pisgah National Forest, and ultimately the cornerstone for sustainable logging across the country.
The arboretum offers an assortment of trail and gravel roads, and we will pick a loop within everyone's ability. Novice and experienced runners are both welcome! The route will range from 3 to 5 miles, never more than an hour.
Afterward, the Bent Creek Bistro within the Arboretum offers seasonal brunch and dinner options plus coffee, beer, and wine. Start times may be coordinated with seasonal events such as peak leaf colors, Christmas light exhibits, or specific wildflower blooms.
per adult from
60 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - The North Carolina Arboretum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The North Carolina Arboretum, 100 Frederick Law Olmsted Way, Asheville, NC 28806-9315
I'll guide you on a running tour through the North Carolina Arboretum. The run is tailored to your ability and may range from 3 to 5 miles, though never more than an hour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bent Creek Experimental Forest, Asheville, NC
Surrounded by the Bent Creek Experimental Forest, join us for a running tour of the North Carolina Arboretum. Trips range from 3 to 5 miles and are suitable for both novice or experienced runners.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :100 Frederick Law Olmsted Way, Asheville, NC 28806, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/4/2019 - 10/4/2020
11/4/2020 - 10/4/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM Monday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.