Nopporo Forest Park Mountain Bike Tour from Sapporo
Enjoy an easy mountain bike tour through Nopporo Forest Park, a wildlife sanctuary and national forest on Hokkaido. You’ll receive basic instructions from an experienced guide for riding a mostly flat course through breathtaking scenery. Keep an eye out for flowers, woodpeckers, squirrels and deer throughout your 1.5-hour ride, covering a distance of approximately 6 miles (10 km). Round-trip transport is included from Sapporo. Numbers are limited to 10 on this small-group tour, ensuring a personalized experience.
Please note: This tour is seasonal and runs yearly between April and October. The date is subject to change.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Mountain bike, helmet and gloves for rental
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Sapporo train station pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Start your mountain bike ride in the morning, approximately one hour after you’re picked up by air-conditioned minivan from Sapporo.
Upon arrival at the Nopporo Forest Park, you’re fitted with a mountain bike, helmet and gloves. Once you receive safety precautions and instructions on basic mountain biking skills, follow your guide along a mostly dirt road on a loop trail through pristine flatland forest.
Cycle past old-growth trees, where you may spot deer, squirrels, Japanese hares, Hokkaido salamanders, and native foxes, among other critters, that inhabit the wildlife sanctuary. Napporo Forest Park is home to 140 species of birds, including kingfisher and kumagera (black woodpecker), the world’s largest woodpecker with enough beak power to be heard throughout a forest.
Glimpse mountain tracks that experienced racers use for practice, and check out the 60-foot-high (100-meter) Hokkaido Centennial Memorial Tower, where you can enjoy the panoramic view of Sapporo city from outside the observatory.
Your half-day tour ends with the return drive to Sapporo with drop-off at the train station or a nearby hotel.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Konopporo Atsubetsuchō, Atsubetsu Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido 004-0006, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered
1.Hotel pickup in central Sapporo city2.JR Sapporo station (FamilyMart Sapporo-Eki Kitaguchi-ten : Sapporo, Kita Ward, Kita 7 Jo Nishi 4 Chome−１)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Recommended height is 1.45m (4.75 foot) or taller
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Please wear comfortable long sleeve clothes, long pants and shoes suitable for exercising. Jeans are not recommended
- Recommended to bring sunglasses or some kind of eye protection
- Please bring your own water (rental bikes have water holder)
- Windbreaker jacket is recommended to bring during spring and fall season
- The mountain bike course may be changed due to road conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.