Night Tour Of New Delhi
Enjoy some of the famous spots of Delhi by night. Visit one of the oldest markets of Lutyens’ Delhi, the Connaught Place. Walk down to a Hindu temple, Hanuman Mandir, and a Sikh Gurudwara, Bangla Sahib. Then take a tuk-tuk ride to India Gate and walk down the Champs Elysees of Delhi.
• Connaught Place
• Hanuman Temple, a Hindu temple
• Gurdwara Bangla Sahib, a Sikh temple
• India Gate
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tuk-Tuk ride
- Light refreshments (beverage excluded)
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hanuman Temple, Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel driven to the metro station in Connaught Place where you will meet your guide.
From there walk down the horseshoe shaped market of Connaught Place. Named after Prince Arthur, the first Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, this is one of the largest commercial districts of Delhi. It was built between 1929 and 1933 and has several well preserved heritage structures. Some of the shops have been in existence for over 70 years. (beverage excluded).
Next turn in to the road leading to Regal cinema and walk down to Hanuman Mandir, an ancient Hindu temple that is claimed to be one of the five temples dating back to the time of the Hindu epic, Mahabharata. The present day temple is believed to have been built originally by Maharaja Man Singh I during the reign of Emperor Akbar (1542-1605). It was reconstructed by Maharaja Jai Singh in 1724, around the same time that the Jantar Mantar observatory was built.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Ashoka Road Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001 India
After visiting the temple, stop for tea and refreshments before continuing on to Gurdwara Bangla Sahib, built in memory of the 8th Sikh Guru Harkrishan Sahib. It is one of the most prominent Gurdwaras of Delhi and can be recognized from a distance with its golden dome and tall flagpole. The Gurdwara was originally a bungalow belonging to Raja Jai Singh in the 17th century. Guru Harkrishan Sahib resided here during his stay in 1664. During that time there was an outbreak of cholera and smallpox in Delhi. The Sikh Guru tended to the sick from this house. Later he too contracted the disease and died of it. Maharaja Jai Singh built a water tank, Sarovar, on the site of the well in the house. The water of the Sarovar is believed to have healing properties and is revered by Sikhs. The present day Gurdwara comprises the main temple building, the Sarovar, a rest house and a school. The basement houses a hospital, an art gallery and a museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: India Gate, Rajpath Near Connaught Place New Delhi, New Delhi 110001 India
Next hop into a tuk-tuk and drive to India Gate. This is an Arc-de-Triomphe like 140 feet high gateway that was constructed as a War Memorial in memory of the 70,000 soldiers of the British Indian army who lost their lives during the First World War. An eternal flame burns night and day at the Gate to commemorate the brave soldiers who lost their lives fighting in the India-Pakistan War of 1971. Stroll up the broad avenue and enjoy the cool evening breeze. This spot remains a favorite place for families and young ones to enjoy an ice cream from the several carts that are lined close by.
Get back in the tuk-tuk to return to your starting point from where you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- A dress code is required for entering temples. Arms and shoulders must be covered for men and women. Shorts are not permitted.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.