Night Markets And Street Food: Taipei's Yansan Night Market
On this experience you'll explore Taipei's most authentic night market Yansan with a knowledgeable Local Host, getting away from the crowds for a taste of the real Taipei! There’ll be hardly a tourist in sight at this no-frills spot, instead you’ll find the most authentic food in the city and crowds of locals picking up dinner on the way home or enjoying some street food on a veranda after work. There’s no showy cooking techniques or blazing flame cooked noodles, but there are delicacies here that you won’t find anywhere else in the city. With a Local Host by your side, eat your way around Taipei’s best kept secret and discover the dishes that the locals really eat.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- 6 - 8 tastings of different street foods
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks from the ones provided in the experience
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- What You'll Do
Experience a night in Taipei’s most authentic night market with a Local Host for a taste of the city! You’ll escape the tourist crowds and discover where the locals really go for dinner! Explore this no-frills market with your Local Host, and discover speciality dishes that you’ll only find at Yansan - the cooking might not be fancy but they have their own unique way of doing things here!
Eat your way around the market! Your Local Host will take you to the very best vendors and explain the dishes and any ingredients you may be unfamiliar with, helping you to get a taste of local life.
Soak up the unique atmosphere and enjoy the company of locals heading home from work, share samples of street food likes stinky tofu and mochi ice with your local and get tips and tricks for other places in the city where you can escape the tourist crowds!
What To Expect
* Visit Ningxia Night Market with a Local Host and discover some of the city’s best street food
* Taste the speciality dishes that this market in particular is know for, as well as sampling the staple street foods that are enjoyed in markets across the city
* Take in the explosion of sights, aromas and flavours as you explore the market with your Local Host
* Discover new flavours and unusual ingredients - your Local Host will recommend delicacies you may not have tried before
* Get tips and tricks for other night markets in the city to visit
Departure Point :Taipei, Taipei
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the area. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/8/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host.
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.