Night Cycling from Colombo
(SKU: LK77010100) Cycle through the charming city of Colombo at dusk, as you visit some of its most iconic landmarks and learn its hidden secrets. Learn more about the history of the city and the stories behind it. See Colombo from a different perspective. Catch a quick break with some light snacks & refreshments.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour escort/host
- Light snacks and refreshments
- All guests will be provided with helmets, safety glasses, and reflective jackets as safety and comfort is our number one priority
- Back-up vehicle and spare bicycles available during the tour in case of emergency
- Entry/Admission - Gangaramaya (Vihara) Buddhist Temple
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Independence Square, Independence Avenue, Colombo 00700 Sri Lanka
The Independence Memorial Hall, most commonly known as the Independence Square, is a National Monument in Sri Lanka. The structure was built in commemoration of the Independence of Sri Lanka from the British rule and to mark the ceremonial start of self rule with the opening of the first parliament on the 4th of February 1948. There is also a statue of the first prime minister of the country right in front of the structure. Many events including the Independence Day celebrations are held here annually.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct, Hospital Street Galle Fort, Colombo 00001 Sri Lanka
Known as the oldest building in the Colombo Fort Area, the Dutch Hospital Complex dates back to the Dutch-Colonial era of Sri Lanka. After careful restoration, this heritage venue is now one of the most sought after shopping and dining precincts in Colombo. Talking about the history of the building, it was initially built by the Dutch as a hospital and was used for several purposes thereon. During the early 1980’s to the 90’s, the building was used as the Colombo Fort Police Station and suffered heavy damage from the bombing in 1996. The restoration of the Dutch Hospital Complex was completed by the year 2011 and is now a cheery place to hangout.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gangaramaya (Vihara) Buddhist Temple, 61 Sri Jinaratana Road, Colombo Sri Lanka
Located amidst the calm waters of the Beira Lake, the Gangaramaya Temple complex is a vibrant venue located in the heart of the Business District. The complex consists of the Main Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple, the “Seema Malaka” which is an assembly hall for monks and also a vocational training institute. The temple is over 120 years old while now it has been converted to an institution of International significance. The temple and its surroundings are adorned with colourful lights during various ceremonial months while the annual Nawam Perahera conducted by the Gangaramaya is one of the most vibrant and colourful processions in the island.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Lighthouse, Colombo Fort, Colombo Sri Lanka
Operated and maintained by the Sri Lanka Ports Authority, the Colombo Lighthouse is located along the South of the Port of Colombo. The current structure was built in 1952 and opened by the first Prime Minister of Ceylon. The Lighthouse is built on a concrete base which is 12 metres high and consists of 4 statues of lions at its base. Also around the base of the lighthouse is a naval gun battery which is used by the Sri Lanka Navy for traditional gun salutes as of date. The total height of the Lighthouse is 29 meters while its characteristics include three white flashes every ten seconds.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Galle Face Green, Galle Road, Colombo Sri Lanka
The Galle Face Green, which is immediately south of Fort, is a long, thin park facing the Indian Ocean which fills up with food stalls and locals on weekday and weekend evenings as it is a popular meeting place to relax. A narrow arm of Beira Lake separates this district from Slave Island, a peninsula where the Dutch imprisoned slaves from their Asian colonies. Galle Road, Colombo’s long seafront boulevard runs south from Galle Face Green, eventually becoming the main coastal road to Galle and the Deep South. It’s always crowded with traffic and short on charm, but as the city’s main thoroughfare it also has some of the best shopping malls and a number of important buildings, including the official residence of Sri Lanka’s premier, the US Embassy, the British High Commission and some of the city’s top five star hotels.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :D.S. Senanayake Statue, Independence Square, Colombo 00700, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 1 person per booking is required
- Minimum age is 10 years
- The safety of all guests while on tour is of utmost importance to us. All guests must agree to strictly abide by all instructions and directions given while on tour by any instructors
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.