Night Ceremony in Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple
The centre has developed encircling Meenakshi Amman temple built in the Dravidian style -one for Lord Shiva and the other for his spouse Meenakshi. It is one of the gems of Dravidian architecture and one of the most important active temples in India. Every ancestral Hindu temple such as Meenakshi temple opens at the crack of dawn with a belief, custom of waking God and Goddess up from their spiritual rest by classical music with an opening prayer of the glorious day.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water during the tour
- Hotel Pick-up & Drop
- Transport by private Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Local English or French Speaking Guide
What's excluded :
- Monument Entrances Fees & camera Fees
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple, Venmani Rd, Sellur, Madurai 625002 India
Madurai Meenakshi Sundareswarar temple was built by King Kulasekara Pandya (1190-1216 CE). He built the main Portions of the three-storeyed gopura at the entrance of Sundareswarar Shrine and the central portion of the Goddess Meenakshi Shrine are some of the earliest surviving parts of the temple. as well as shrines (Koil) each for Natarajar and Surya near the main temple, Ayyanar in the east, Vinayagar in the south, Kariamalperumal in the west and Kali in the north. He also built a Mahamandapam. Kulasekara Pandya was also a poet and he composed a poem on Meenakshi named Ambikai Malai. This gopuram is named after the frescoes and reliefs that depict secular and religious themes of Hindu culture. Maravarman Sundara Pandyan II also added a pillared corridor to the Sundareswara shrine and the Sundara Pandyan Mandapam The temple is a major pilgrimage destination within the Shaivism tradition, dedicated to Meenakshi Devi and Shiva. However, the temple includes Vishnu in many narratives, sculptures and rituals as he is considered to be Meenakshi's brother this daily process of religious action at early in the morning is being traditionally named Thirupalli Ezhuchi - wake up a prayer – Morning Prayer – opening ceremony. During night it is said to be named, the closing ceremony – bed-chamber ceremony – night ceremony. The temple will be usually open from 05:00 hrs to 12:30 hrs and 16:00 hrs to 20:30 hrs.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.