Nicole's Table - Cooking with Rum
The history of rum starts in the Caribbean around the 17th century. Cooking with Rum talks about the history and influence of rum on the Caribbean, its culture and its cuisine.
Various rums will be present for tasting and flavoring the foods. Since we are on Antigua, we will start with the island award winning 5-year old English Harbor rum and then move on to three other superb brands from countries such as Barbados, Guatemala, Cuba, Jamaica and Martinique.
The food will introduce our guests to how various rums can be used to flavor foods whether you are using a classic dark rum or a filtered white.
Take this class not just to explore new flavours, but to enjoy the experience of cooking with new friends in a West Indian home with great view of the Caribbean Sea!
per adult from
What's included :
- Meals, drinks, and recipes as per itinerary
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Guests attend our classes in our large home on a high hill overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Guests are provided with a booklet with all the recipes that will be created during the class. Segments of the class will be hands-on while other parts will be done via demonstration. This is a change from our previous hands-on classes that has became necessary due to COVID. However, COVID has not put a damper on the good humor, camaraderie, stories, and fantastic food that we enjoy in each class.
Travel from the Port is approximately 15 minutes and the time from most other locations is quite reasonable.
We are following all COVID protocols put forward by the US CDC and the Antigua Government.
Consequently, masks, social distancing, and multiple hand washings are required.
• Nicole's Table, Orchid Hill Road Cedar Valley, St. John's Antigua
• Coconut Crisps or Plantain Chips
• Sweet Potato Soup (with Rum)
• Rum and Brown Sugar Marinated Chicken with Onion Jam - Served with Nicole's Tostones, Red Beans and Rice, and a Rainbow Garden Salad.
• Butter Rum Cake
Departure Point :Orchid Hill Drive, Orchid Hill Dr, Antigua and Barbuda
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements (especially allergies!) at time of booking
- All recipes depend on the season and availability
- Stroller accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are following all COVID protocols put forward by the US CDC and the Antigua Government. Consequently, masks, social distancing, and multiple hand washings are required.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.