Ngare Ndare Forest Reserve Day Trip From Nairobi Or Nanyuki
This is a day trip to Ngare Ndare Forest. We will pick you and drop you off from anywhere in Nairobi or Nanyuki. Other locations can be arranged. Activities include hiking, animal spotting, canopy walk and swimming in a natural blue pool. Overnight accommodation or camping available on request. We can also alter this itinerary if you would like to go to other landmarks or destinations. Please contact us for requests.
per adult from
6 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport in 4×4 Safari vehicle
- Pick up and drop off from Nairobi or Nanyuki
- Canopy Walk & hiking with Professional tour guides
- Mineral water
- All Taxes
- Swimming in the natural blue pools of Ngare Ndare. Plunge into the turquoise blue pools.
- Armed warden / guide assigned to you upon reaching Ngare Ndare Forest
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Lunch, snacks and extra drinks
- Dont worry we will stop at plenty of places to buy more drinks and food along the way
- Ngare Ndare Entrance Fees. Adults $40. Children $20
- Any tips of gratitude
- Personal items souvenirs, travel insurance visa fees etc
- Entry/Admission - Ngare Ndare Forest Reserve
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laikipia, Kenya
Step 1: We will pick you up from anywhere within Nairobi or Nanyuki Depart at 06:00am or a later time of your choosing from Nairobi and head north into the fertile central highlands. You will pass roadside stalls selling fresh fruit and vegetables as well as some of Kenya’s largest pineapple plantations and orchards.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Equator Marker, Nyeri - Nanyuki Road, Nanyuki Town, Nanyuki Municipality 10400 Kenya
We will stop at the Equator line. The Nanyuki town, which is right in the center of Kenya is known mainly for its equator point and hoardes of locals and tourists alike pay a visit just to stand on the equator. But for those who are technically interested, locals arrange for an experiment to depict how the Coriolis effect works. Then procced past nanyuki town to Ngare Ndare Forest Reserve
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ngare Ndare Forest Reserve, 58FM JM Timau, Meru Mt. Kenya, Nanyuki Town, Nanyuki Municipality 10400 Kenya
We will arrive at Ngare Ndare at around 10:30 am On getting to the forest, an armed ranger and a guide will be assigned to you. After a short briefing about the forest and Ngare Ndare Forest Trust, we will set out on a 7km hike to the famous waterfalls. the forest is home to 7 waterfalls. The grandeur of the waterfalls will leave you speechless.
We will continue with our hike to a much smaller waterfall but the beauty of this one is that swimmers can dive into the pool.
We will then go for the the canopy walk. It is 10 meters high and 450 meters long, being the longest and highest canopy walk in East Africa. This is peoples favorite part of the trip and the wobbly bridge makes it all the more exciting. The forest is vast and you might just spot an elephant or a leopard
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Laikipia, Kenya
We will leave at around 16:00 and start our journey back to Nairobi filled with fond memories of the day we had. Arriving in Nairobi at around 20:20.
We can also leave at an earlier time that suits you.
Other pick up and drop off locations can be arranged please contact us.
End of tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up and drop you off from anywhere in Nairobi or Nanyuki free of charge. Other departure and drop off locations can be arranged please contact us.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Nanyuki Airport, Nanyuki Town, Nanyuki Municipality Kenya
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.