New Territories Insider Excursion (Tailor-made & Private)
In this tour, our founders Mandy or Apple will take you to the New Territories, where they were born and raised. Most visitors usually only focus on the Hong Kong Island and Kowloon side, and do not really have time to explore the biggest and most populated part of Hong Kong. In this tour, we will be visiting a small fishing village in Tai Po, a optional scenic boat ride to visit a local floating fish-farm in Plover Cove as well as the remote islands in the area (a UNESCO Global GeoPark). We can also enjoy a nice dim sum lunch by the beautiful waterfront. After (or before lunch), we can also visit a big local wet market and a public housing estate. Hong Kong has the most unaffordable housing in the world and we will have the chance to visit a family home and experience the life of the grassroot background.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Octopus Card for public transportation
- Entry/Admission - Ma Shi Chau Special Area
What's excluded :
- Boat ride by local fisherman
- Private Car (instead of Octopus Card) can be arranged at extra cost
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery (Man Fat Sze), Lots 358-359,IN D D 185, Shatin, Hong Kong China
Nested in the Po Fook Hill Shatin mountains, we will climb up a path with more than 500 gold Arhan statues (saints who pursue Buddhist studies) along the way. One of the hidden gems in Hong Kong and popular among visitors looking for an off-the-beaten track temple experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tai Po, Tai Po, Hong Kong
During our Tai Po trip, we will visit a public housing estate. Hong Kong has the most unaffordable housing in the world and we will have the chance to visit a family home and experience the life of the grassroot background.
We will also visit one of the biggest local wet markets in Hong Kong, and for the adventurous ones, we can have an authentic buy-your-own-seafood lunch in the local market! Tai Po is also famous among locals for its diversity of street food and cheap eats, so get ready for some nibbles along the way!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ma Shi Chau Special Area, Sam Mun Tsai Road, Hong Kong China
Ma Shi Chau Special Area is one of the stops of our boat ride in the Sam Mun Tsai Fishing Village. We will land on a little secluded beach where is actually part of the Hong Kong UNESCO Global Geo Park. A definite hidden gem!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Reservoir de Plover Cove, Tai Mei Tuk, Hong Kong China
During our boat ride in Sam Mun Tsai Fishing Village, we will come across the biggest reservoir in Hong Kong (in terms of area). This is the world's very first freshwater coastal lake constructed from an arm of the ocean.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
To start our tour, we can meet you at your hotel lobby, cruise terminal or airport. If you wish to meet in specific locations, feel free to let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.Airports
- Hong Kong Intl Airport, 1 Sky Plaza Road, Hong Kong China
- Ocean Terminal
- Kai Tak Cruise Terminal
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Private Transportation 10/10/2019 - 10/22/2021
Public Transportation 10/10/2019 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.