New Orleans St. Louis Cemetery #2 Historical Walking Tour: Let the Dead Speak
LET THE DEAD SPEAK! HISTORICAL NARRATIVES OF STRUGGLE, ACTIVISM AND ACHIEVEMENT
St. Louis Cemetery # 2 is a vital symbol of Creole history and community. Along its aisles we will find pirates, dualists, nuns, war heroes, musicians, politicians and entrepreneurs all resting together.
CREOLE HISTORY AND COMMUNITY
St. Louis Cemetery #2, listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Louisiana African American Heritage Trail, is located in the Faubourg Tremé, a neighborhood developed in the early 19th century and occupied predominantly by the city’s “free people of color.”
BLACK AMERICAN STRUGGLES AND ACHIEVEMENT
Square #3 contains the largest number of monuments in one place noting the achievements and struggles of Black Americans in the 19th century.
ANTEBELLUM MORTUARY ART
Tomb design, the carved sculpture, and the ironwork surrounding the tombs comprise one of the finest collections of antebellum mortuary art found anywhere.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed New Orleans Tour Guide
- Admission Ticket
- Entry/Admission - St Louis Cemetery No 2
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St Louis Cemetery No 2, 300 Claiborne Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112
During our Let the Dead Speak! Tour of St. Louis Cemetery #2 we will spend the predominant amount of our time within the cemetery while touching briefly on Treme and Storyville as we walk thru the neighborhood.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Backatown Coffee Parlour, 301 Basin St Suite 1, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.