New Orleans Garden District and Cemetery Walking Tour
ACCESS TO SOME LOCATIONS, INCLUDING LAFAYETTE CEMETERY MAY BE RESTRICTED DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Boasting the world’s largest collection of 19th century American Southern style mansions, the Garden District of New Orleans deserves special attention and a tour of its own! View unique architecture, oak tree-lined streets, manicured gardens, and the homes of some of America’s most famed celebrities—both past and present—as you leisurely stroll through this neighborhood. Stop at Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, arguably America’s most infamous graveyard. The above ground crypts of this “city of the dead” have appeared in numerous blockbuster films including “Double Jeopardy,” and “Interview with the Vampire.” Other highlights include Briggs-Staub House, Colonel Short's Villa, Commander’s Palace restaurant, Lonsdale House, Musson House, Payne House, The Rink, Robinson House, Toby-Westfeldt House, and celebrity homes of Anne Rice, Sandra Bullock, Ella Brennan, and John Goodman.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Briggs-Staub House, 2605 Prytania St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
The only Gothic Revival house in the district was built in 1849.
Pass By: Louise S. McGehee School, 2343 Prytania St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Bradish Johnson House, built in 1872
Pass By: Colonel Short's Villa, 1448 Fourth St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Exquisite home once owned by Confederate Colonel Short
Pass By: Lafayette Cemetery No.1, Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130
Popular above ground cemetery featured in TV and Film
Stop At: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
Historic walking tour of the neighborhood
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :2323 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Commander's Palace, 1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are committed to keeping our guides and guests safe. Per city guidelines and the recommendation of public health officials, tour groups are limited to 7 guests, all guests and guides must wear mask, and social distancing between guests and guides is required.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.