New Orleans City and Cemetery Sightseeing Tour
Trace centuries of history, culture, sights and sounds of the dynamic city of New Orleans on this 2.5-hour tour by mini-coach and on foot. Drive through the vibrant French Quarter, the beautiful Garden District and Jackson Square — a US National Historic Landmark — to see Creole townhouses, shotgun homes, historic mansions and the longest bridge in the world, the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway. Then hear tales of ghosts, voodoo and New Orleans' unique burial traditions on a walk at the legendary St Louis Cemetery No. 3. Choose from multiple tour times to suit your schedule.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
- Pickup and drop off outside of Doubletree Hotel (300 Canal St.) ONLY
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 3
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Board a mini-coach outside your New Orleans hotel and start your 2.5-hour tour with a drive to the French Quarter, where you’ll find some of the city’s most classic architecture and interesting history.
Drive past Creole townhouses and shotgun homes, a highly popular style of Southern homes in the early 1860s. Peek into courtyards and pass by small shops selling herbs, candles, oils and amulets used in ancient voodoo traditions and rituals.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
A highlight of the French Quarter is Jackson Square, a stately park and US National Historic Landmark.
Pass By: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
Pass through the neighborhood of Tremé and the lovely Garden District, home to one of the country's best-preserved collections of Southern mansions. Here you’ll see the longest bridge in the world, the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 3, 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-2902
Next, take a walking tour one of the city’s most haunted cemeteries, St Louis Cemetery No. 3, featuring above-ground tombs from the 18th and 19th centuries. Learn about the theories behind this unusual burial custom as you stroll the grounds, and hear stories about famous figures from New Orleans' past.
At the end of your 2.5-hour tour, you'll be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, 300 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- During warmer months, we recommend that you wear lightly colored clothing; caps/hats and umbrellas are also suggested
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.