New Mexico: Jemez Pueblo, Soda Dam & Falls: A Photographer's Landscape Dream
Drive West from Albuquerque to the town of San Ysidro where we will start on the National Scenic Route NM 4 to the Pueblo of Jemez. Visit the Walatowa Visitor Center & Museum. We will walk to the Red Rocks Formations. We will drive through the village of Jemez Springs – bubbling with soothing hot springs, brimming with outdoor adventure, and immersed in history and culture. We can have lunch at historic Los Ojos Restaurant and Saloon in Jemez Springs or at one of the other local cafes. We will tour the Jemez State Monument, the Soda Dam formation, Battleship Rock, and Jemez Falls before we drive back to Albuquerque. ** Monument Closed Monday & Tuesdays
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Jemez Historic Site
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Zia Pueblo, NM 87053, USA
Ancient volcanic landscapes surrounding the Pueblo of Zia.
Pass By: San Ysidro, NM 87053, USA
A landmark Spanish settlement with farms and churches.
Stop At: Jemez Pueblo, NM, USA
The Walatowa Cultural Center of the Jemez Pueblo has a museum and exhibits from early life in the San Diego Canyon.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jemez Springs, Jemez Springs, New Mexico
A small mountain town, Jemez Springs is home to the famous Los Ojos Restaurant where we will have lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jemez Historic Site, 18160 Nm-4, Jemez Springs, NM 87025
The Jemez Monument is an ruin of a mission built in the 1600's. It is an archeological site with a massive church build from the surround rocks. A restored Kiva allows visitors to view the churches native to the people of Jemez.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Soda Dam Hot Springs, Jemez Springs, NM
an extraordinary dam on the Jemez River shaped like a soda. Formation is the result of minerals from the many hot springs in the area.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Corrales, Corrales, New Mexico
We will pass through the Spanish farming village of Corrales on our return to Albuquerque. The village now has numerous shops for art and antiques.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Albuquerque Intl Airport, 2200 Sunport Blvd, Albuquerque, NM 87106
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.