Nemea and Nafplio: Private Wine and History Tour
A tour to learn the secrets of wine making, taste the local wines and visit Nafplio, which is of high cultural importance in Greek wine making. You will also learn of some of the unknown rich culture of this region of Greece.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional wine guide
What's excluded :
- Lunch (opt-in)
- Drinks during lunch (opt-in)
- Premium tasting (opt-in)
- The Nemea region of Peloponnese is a highly recommended trip both to savor the unique local wine varieties paired with food delicacies, and to see some interesting cultural spots that will introduce you to the history of Greece.
Nemea is approximately 120 kilometers and only 1 hour away from Athens. It is worth visiting to taste a high quality Greek Agiorgitiko PDO red wine. Agiorgitiko, a name that comes from St. George (Agios Georgios in Greek), is one of the two most recognizable Greek red varieties along with Xinomavro of Naoussa (located in northern Greece).
The area is divided into three sub-zones, classified by altitude where you can find various wineries and taste the different styles of Agiorgitiko together with other Greek wine varieties. Other varieties cultivated in the area are the pink-skinned Moschofilero and Roditis, the white Assyrtiko, Malagousia, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. They also produce red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah.
On this tour you will combine a premium wine tasting and introduction and the philosophy of the wine production in the region with a cultural visit of the old city of Nafplio, the original capital of Greece.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please advise your pick up location, hotel/airport/port.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.