Negombo Street Food Tour
Sri Lankan cuisine has gained a name for itself to be delectable, flavorsome, luscious, mouthwatering and succulent. Sri Lankan street food doesn’t disappoint either with its unique blend of spices, the whiff of herbs, and the thick and luscious curries which are rich in flavor. While you’re in Sri Lanka discovering local delicacies and foods are of the essence and they’re guaranteed to take your taste buds on a journey of its own!
• Hear commentary from an expert guide
• Taste the best street food in Sri Lanka
• Hassle free hotel pick up and drop off
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Street food
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- No holiday is complete without a chance to have an opinion on authentic local food. Despite being able to sample and savor local dishes during your time in Sri Lanka, we believe an experience to try out the street food of Sri Lanka will showcase a different dimension of this island paradise. Your host will lead you through a maze of streets in Negombo busy with workers and small clusters of people whiling away the evening after a tough day.
Taste the best of Sri Lanka's street food including the plain hoppers, egg hoppers, isso wadey, samosa and more. With a perfect balance of flavors, Kottu Roti seems to top the list of the best Sri Lankan street food items. Served piping hot, this dish is made from Godhamba roti chopped into strips, vegetables, spices, and eggs or meat. Accompanied with a masala sauce, its creamy texture may just leave you craving more. Its cheese version is quite popular among-st locals. Sri Lankan hawkers often sell it from evening to late nights. Achcharu is a tangy, sweet, and sour concoction of pickle served in island-style. Made with unripe fruits, vegetables, and even fish or meat pickled in a mixture of salt, sugar, seasoned vinegar, and chilli powder, achcharu is on-the-go snacks in Sri Lanka; and it can be bought from a street vendor. Once the tour ends you will be dropped back to your hotel in Negombo.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all places in Negombo
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.