Negombo City Tour from Mount Lavinia
(SKU: LK60016000) The Negombo city tour takes you on a journey into the north of Sri Lanka’s capital and urban metropolis, Colombo, to witness its most spectacular sights. View elegant colonial buildings rising in tandem with shiny new business constructions in this unique city that boasts of a blend of times both modern and past. Visit the 18th century St. Mary’s church that creates a tranquil haven amidst the hustle and bustle. Learn of Negombo's history and surrounding legends through its most interesting landmarks as you explore to your heart’s content.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- 1 liter of bottled mineral water per person.
- Hotel pick & drop.
- All taxes & service charges.
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees.
- Food or Drinks.
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Negombo, Sri Lanka
Negombo City: Negombo is a city on the west coast of Sri Lanka, north of the capital, Colombo. Near the waterfront, the remains of the 17th Century Dutch Fortnow houses a prison. Negombo Lagoon, lined with fishermen’s huts, feeds into the Dutch-era Hamilton Canal. The canal leads south to Colombo. Neo-classical St. Mary’s Church, completed in the early 19th Century, features a ceiling decorated with vivid religious paintings.
Fish Market: Negombo is a traditional fishing town in Sri Lanka. The fishermen of the Negombo lagoon live in abject poverty in small, thatched palm houses in villages on the water’s edge. They rely on traditional knowledge of the seasons for their livelihood.
Dutch Fort: One of the most distinct tourist attractions in Negombo is undeniably the Old Dutch Fort. This is a structure with a history dating back to Sri Lanka’s colonial days when the nation was once under the rule of initially the Portuguese, and then the Dutch.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Mount Lavinia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.