Nature at night
Join us on a truly unique excursion into Sipoonkorpi National Park by nightfall.
Walking through the forest after dark is a wonderful experience and will surely
be an emotional ride for those who have never done it.
This evening trip starts from Helsinki and take you into a national park which is located only 30 minutes by car. Sipoonkorpi National Park is home to an array of nocturnal mammals and birds e.g. Eurasian eagle-owl.
Equipped with a professional guide and flashlights your journey will be
safe! Our walk takes place on a very wide and well-maintained trail
which is easy to navigate in the night. After a short walk through the forest we will end up at the campfire location where we can drink hot juice and barbecue sausages.
- Explore a national park at night in a safe environment
- Look and listen for the mysterious eagle-owl and other nocturnal animals
- Enjoy a campfire with a barbecue and hot drink
- Great opportunity to stargaze on clear nights
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Barbecue snack over campfire with hot drink
- WiFi on board
- Raincoat in case of rain
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
This is the meeting point for this trip. It will be at the bus-stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of
Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately
500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Sipoonkorpi National Park, Sipoo 04130 Finland
Once we have arrived to the national park, our walk begins on a wide and maintained forest trail. The trail is considered easy and suitable for everyone. As the walk commences your guide will be there to tell you interesting facts about the surrounding area and help identify and odd wildlife sounds you may come across in the dark.
Our nature at night walk will begin with roughly 20 minutes of walking. We will then arrive at our campfire where we can warm up.
We will grill sausages and enjoy a hot drink while enjoying the beautiful setting nature provides. The campfire site is located on a lake giving us optimal viewing for stargazing and fantastic moonlit settings on a clear night.
After our campfire break and nightly exploring it is time to head back. We will walk back on the same path from which we came. This excursion is meant to give you a glimpse into the possibilities of camping and nature based activities possible in Finland after dark.
You will be brought back to Helsinki feeling relaxed
and in wonder from this awesome and unique nature excursion at night.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.