Natural History Museum in Venice with a Nature and Interpretive Guide
Never mind the doge: insatiable curiosity rules Venice, and inside its Natural History Museum it runs wild.
Visit the Fondaco dei Turchi, the building hosting the museum, reflecting its history as a noble palace until the Dukes of Ferrara were elbowed aside in 1621 to make room for Venice's most important and controversial trading partner: Turkey.
Admire the stars of the museum are the spotlit dinosaurs, including a terrifying ouransaurus from the Sahara and a Ptissacosaurus mongoliensis, a 120 million years old baby dinosaur skeleton from Gobi desert.
Follow the tracks of Venetian explorers when adventurers like Marco Polo fetched peculiar specimen from distant lands.
Around every turn scientific marvels await discovery in luminous new exhibits, such as the 19th century Wunderkammer (cabinet of curiosities) and a bubbling fish tank that represent the whole fragile ecosystem we live in.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Nature and Interpretive Guide & Tour leader
What's excluded :
- Museum ticket. Tickets will be purchased on the spot
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Natural History Museum, Salizada del Fontego Dei Turchi Santa Croce 1730, 30135 Venice Italy
The Natural History Museum is housed in the Fontego dei Turchi, built as a palazzo for the Pesaro family in the 13th century. With its imposing Grand Canal façade, it is one of the most famous secular buildings in Venice.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.