Natura e cultura ai dintorni di Bucarest Mogosoaia, Snagov e Museo del Villaggio
A journey of about 6 hours in the discovery of the loaded places of medieval and modern history. We visit a brancovenesc palace (the architectural and art style coming from prince Constantin Brancoveanu) that recalls from the Venetian or Milanese houses and a garden full of roses, then we go on the traces of Vlad the Impaler visiting Snagov a place full of legends surrounded by a lake and we end up in the Village Museum, admiring the old wooden houses brought from the Romanian countries.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off; Transportation by air conditioned car or van; English Speaking Guide; Tips for a good local food/restaurant.
What's excluded :
- Other expenses: food, drinks;
- Entrance tickets.
- Meeting with the guide (usually 10:00), then the group visits the Mogosoaia Palace (about 30 minutes from Bucharest), built between 1698-1702 by Costantin Brancoveanu, Prince of Wallachia. The construction style is Romanian Renaissance, a mix of Venetian and Oriental styles. The palace bears the name (Mogosoaia) of the widow of the Romanian boyar Mogoș, who owned the land it was built on. Aside from the actual castle, you can visit the basement, a church, an extra building and a really small house turned into an art museum. However, even though all these constructions are really beautiful pieces of art and culture, the best asset of this place are the gardens and the lake.
The tour continues with the visit of Snagov Monastery, the place where Vlad The Impaler, actually known as Dracula, son of Vlad Dracul, is burried. The monastery was strategically erected in the middle of a little island in order to be well defended by the turks. Besides the wall and the bridge made by wood, the settlement still keeps the medieval aspect, as it is „guarded” by only one monk that lives here and takes care of the area. Snagov monastery has the largest overall mural medieval painting preserved from all the Romanian churches.
The Village Museum is a retreat from the crowded city where you can admire old wooden houses and traditional household objects. You can relax enjoying a walking tour along the herastrau lake and if you are passioned about photography, here is the perfect place to experience it.
At the end, the guide will present you the most important attractions from the city center of Bucharest and not only: Romanian Atheneum, Revolution Square, Palace of the Parlament (outside view), Romanian Cathedral, CEC Bank and others.
End of the tour: Hotel or anywhere in the city.
Departure Point :• Hotel pick-up & drop-off;
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.