National Park Skadar Lake Tour
Skadar Lake is the largest lake in Montenegro and on the Balkan Peninsula, with an area of 369.7 km². The Montenegrin part of the lake with the coast was declared National Park in 1983. The lake has many islands and peninsula with traces of history and valuable cultural heritage: Žabljak (15th century) – the capital of the Crnojević dynasty, Lesendro – fortress on the rock at the lake, the borderline of the Montenegrin army in the era of Njegoš, the fortress Grmožur – the Montenegrin Alcatraz, in the period when Nikola Petrović ruled. The lake has 18 important historical monuments that witness to Montenegrin history from the 11th century to the present. The lake is known for its diversity of flora and fauna. Skadar Lake is a bird’s paradise, it has 264 bird species, and about 90% of them are migratory and of international importance. This is the only pelican habitat in southern Europe. The lake is an ideal location for observing birds because it is the largest bird reserve in Europe.
per adult from
What's included :
- Driving by car, minivan, van or minibus
- Road costs and parking fees
- Licensed travel guide (English language)
- National Park Skadar Lake Entrance Fee
- Boat cruise on Skadar Lake - 2 hours
- Travel insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drink during the tour
- Visits to restaurants and bars
- Lunch and drinks at the restaurant on the beach in the National Park
- Fortress Besac entrance fee
- Travel health insurance – optional
- Other non-program costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skadar Lake National Park, Skadar Lake National Park, Podgorica, Podgorica Municipality
Departure by appointment. Duration of the journey from 30 min to 2 hours, depending on the place – the city of departure.
Arrival at Virpazar, a fishing village with charming stone houses. A short walk. Free climbing time on the Besac fortress (optionallly) – the most attractive viewpoint on the Skadar Lake, or drinking coffee at one of the restaurants (optionally) – 20 min.
Start of cruising. The cruise lasts about 2 hours. You will see fishing villages, cultural and historical monuments, the flora and fauna of the lake, and take swim in the lake.
After cruise by boat, you can decide to have a lunch at the restaurant on a lonely beach in the National Park, with specialties from lake fish and local wine in an unrepeatable ambient – 1 h and 30 min.
Swimming in Skadar Lake or some other activity.
Return. The end of the tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat.We pick from ports: Kotor and Bar.Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Ports
- Port of Kotor, E65, Kotor, Montenegro
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/14/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.