National Park Skadar Lake Private Tour from Kotor
Skadar Lake is a wild wonder waiting to be explored. Indescribable and in many ways unique, with the size of 391 km2, it is the largest lake on the Balkan Peninsula and it is a crypt o depression, which means that in some parts the bottom of the lake is below sea level. Due to its geographic position and sub Mediterranean climate, it is one of the most important habitats of swamp birds in Europe, right after the river Danube delta. There are around 280 bird species on the lake, including the rare curly pelican, which become a trademark of the National Park. Territory of the lake is a witness to indescribable beauty with its overgrown coast, bays, capes and islands where numerous monasteries, churches and holy monuments are situated.
per adult from
4 hours 18 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Lake Skadar
What's excluded :
- Depart from Kotor with your guide direction to National Park Skadar Lake. During the drive, you will enjoy in the sightseeing of Budva's Riviera. Arrive in Virpazar, charming village, situated on the coast of Skadar Lake, where you can see characteristic synthesis of flora and fauna. From Virpazar by boat, you will see Skadar Lake which is the biggest lake on the Balkan Peninsula and it is a last asylum of Pelicans. This territory is a witness to indescribable beauty with its overgrown coast, bays, capes and islands, all of which are the reason this is the most unique lake on the entire European continent. Embark the boat cruise - approx. duration 1h-. After the cruise you will have free time for lunch in one of the local restaurants – optional-. Return back to the Kotor.
Departure Point :Kotor Old Town
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.