Nashville Slavery to Freedom Walking Tour
We’re going to show you Nashville like you’ve never seen it before. Join in on a Nashville walking tour and hear fascinating stories about where slaves lived, who they were, and the work that they did. As Nashville grew, the city became the second-largest slave port in Tennessee with the majority of black people arriving via the transatlantic slave trade.
First, you will learn about black history on Lower Broadway, the most visited street in Nashville. Then, United Street Tours will take you on a scenic walk alongside the peaceful Riverfront Park, where slaves traveled via the Cumberland River into a life of bondage and later freedom. Visit Fort Nashborough, an outdoor museum, and replica of the original Nashville settlement.
-Tour must be booked at least 24 hours in advance
-United Street Tours continue rain or shine
-Tour length is flexible depending on walking speed, questions, and any other factors
Book now to secure your spot. Tickets tend to sell out during high season.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live guide
- Entrance fees (if applicable)
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Downtown Nashville, Nashville, TN 37219
First, we will uncover black history on Lower Broadway, the most visited street in Nashville. Then, United Street Tours will take you on a scenic walk alongside the peaceful Riverfront Park, where slaves traveled via the Cumberland River into a life of bondage and later freedom. We will visit Fort Nashborough, an outdoor museum, and replica of the original Nashville settlement from the 1700s. Combined with entering Public Square, where an enslaved man owned his own tavern and entertained Nashville’s elite.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Nashville Visitor Center, 501 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.