Nana's Kitchen - traditional Georgian cooking class at real Georgian family home
Try your hand in a Georgian, real home kitchen. Set in a traditional Georgian home, in the heart of the city, learn how to make an authentic 5-course dinner with the help of Georgian mothers, grandmothers, and traditional homemakers. Craft Georgian classics such as Chakapuli, or eggplants with walnuts. Numbers are limited to 5 in this small-group workshop in order to keep your experience intimate. Receive a recipe booklet to recreate your dishes back at home to impress your friends.
The class will teach you not only how to make hallmarks of the Georgian cuisine, but also allow you to understand the essence Supra, the Indispensable Georgian tradition of dining and celebration. Upon your return home, you will be able to recreate the “Georgian party” to impress your friends. You will be making dishes on your own based on the guidance and showcase from our instructors.
We are happy to take into account your dietary restrictions.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dinner - You will enjoy the food that you will prepare together with us.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is our most popular class. It will teach you the meaning of the Georgian Supra, the traditional way to host a feast with good food and wine, while you learn how to make five Georgian dishes. The classs process will teach you not only how to make seminal dishes from Georgian cuisine, but also will allow you to understand the essence of Supra, the inimitable Georgian tradition of dining and celebration. Upon your return home, you will be able to recreate a “Georgian party” to impress your friends and celebrate with them in true Georgian style. You will be making dishes on your own based on the guidance and demonstrations provided by our instructors. The course starts with a glass of Georgian homemade wine from our family vineyards, and a short introduction on the meaning of Supra, the origins of Georgian cuisine and key influences on its development. Next we will move on to the kitchen, roll up our sleeves and start crafting the dishes. The class will conclude with a dinner, which will be conducted in a traditional manner of Supra (the Georgian feast). At the end of the course, you will receive a booklet with recipes of all the dishes that you made.
• Traditional Spinach Paste
• Red Peppers with Traditional Walnut and Spice Mix
• Fried Eggplants with Walnuts
• Chakapuli - an exquisite dish of veal, plums, tarragon and other herbs.
• Traditional yogurt dessert
Departure Point :Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, Tbilisi City Centre, 1 Rose Revolution Square, T'bilisi 0108, Georgia
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at 2:45 PM on the day of your class by Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel, in front of the Café Iveria. Address: Rose Revolution Square # 1. The detailed email from us will indicate how to recognize our staff. We will drive you to Nana’s Kitchen. It takes about 10 minutes to get there.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/9/2020 - 10/29/2021
Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.