Namo Buddha Hiking Day Trip from Kathmandu with Expert Guide
Enjoy a hike up to Namo Buddha, a beautiful point situated at an elevation of 5,740 feet (1,750 meters) in the Kavre district. It is a very important Buddhist pilgrimage site which lies about 23 miles (38 kilometers) east of Kathmandu. The stupa and shrines built in this lovely little hill mark a very ancient holy site which signifies the place where a legendary prince named Mahasattva offered himself to a starving tigress with several underfed cubs. This legendary episode is depicted in a very nice stone slab which is right next to a holy stupa.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by luxurious vehicle
- All transfer in a luxurious vehicle
What's excluded :
- Travel Visa
- Personal expenses
- Emergency evacuation
- Any meals
Your expert tour guide with a luxurious vehicle assists you at your hotel at 8 am and takes you on the 1.5 hour drive to Dhapasi. Embark on a 1.5-hour hike to the ancient holy site Namo Buddha. Sightseeing of the holy place and its surroundings. Lunch at a local restaurant and sightseeing of the surroundings Newari villages. About an hour hike back to Dhulikhel with a spectacular view of high snow-capped mountains on the way. The vehicle will assists you at Dulikhel, and you are driven back to Kathmandu and transferred to the hotel at around 4 pm .
The story surrounding this area goes that a little prince saw a weak and hungry tigress laying on the ground with small cubs on his hunting tour in the area. The prince saw that the tigress and her cubs were hungry but had nothing to offer immediately. Eventually he fed his own flesh and blood to this striving tiger family. That young prince was off course little Buddha. Commemorating that great story, there is a famous shrine and stone slab featuring the history on the top of hill with great panorama of Himalaya and downhill villages.
• Thrangu Tashi Monastery, Dhulikhel Nepal
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pickup and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city. Please provide us the name of Hotel.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Hiking level: easy to moderate
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The highest point of the hike is1750m (summit)
- Please bring drinking water, a camera, a sunhat, sunscreen and a pair of binoculars if you have it
- We offer pickup and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city. Please provide us the name of Hotel.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We offer pick and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city ring road. For hotels outside ring road you need to pay additional charge.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.