NAMIB DESERT TOURS, Full-Day and Half-Day Tours from Swakopmund, Namibia
This is the description of the 7-hour Desert Tour:
We travel through one of the oldest deserts in the world and find ourselves surrounded by the rugged and rocky scenery of the Namib Desert. Experience the "Ringing Stones" and the fascinating plants of the Namib, for example the remarkable Welwitschia Plant, a living fossil which is only found in this geographical area. With a bit of luck, one can see Springbok, Klipspringer. Steenbok, Baboon, Ostriches, Ruppels Korhaan and Trac-Trac Chat. After a lunch break we drive along the dry riverbed of the Swakop Valley and pass the Oasis "Goanikontes". We close off this tour with a visit to the Shifting sand dunes near Swakopmund.
Please note: The 4-hour Desert Tour involves a shorter route and does not include a lunch break.
per adult from
4 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water - Clients have a choice between bottled water, Coca-Cola or fruit juice. The 7-hours Desert Tour includes light lunch packs.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Namib Desert
Travel along the small-holdings on the northern bank of the Swakop River into the oldest desert of the world, the Namib Desert. Your guide will explain the origin of the Namib Desert and explain the geological and climatic conditions of this coastal desert. As we proceed further we leave every trace of civilisation behind and find ourselves surrounded by the rugged and rocky scene of the Namib Desert. Experience the "Ringing Stones" and the fascinating plants of the Namib, for example the indigenous Lithops, also known as the "Living Stones", as well as a variety of rare Lichens, and most of all, the remarkable Welwitschia plant, a living fossil which is only found in this geographical area. With a bit of luck, one can see Springbok, Klipspringer, Steenbok, Baboon, Ostriches, Ruppels Korhaan and the Trac-trac Chat.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Swakop River, Namibia
After a pleasant lunch break, we drive along the dry riverbed of the Swakop valley which is lined with Tamarisk, Prosopis and Ana trees. We pass Oasis "Goanikontes", enter the Namib Naukluft Park and view the "Moon Valley" from a vantage point. We close off this tour with a visit to the shifting sand dunes near Swakopmund.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our clients from their place of accommodation in Swakopmund, Namibia.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.