Nairobi to Kiambethu Tea Farm Tour
Magnificent green view, classic feel of a farm day at Kiambethu tea plantation provides a tranquil insight into life on a settler farm. Learn how Tea is grown, picked and processed. Have a 3-course lunch with fresh ingredients, and of course, a cup of tea and walk through the tea gardens.
Situated at 7,200 ft., Kiambethu was bought and farmed by AB McDonell in 1910. He was the first person to grow, make and sell tea commercially in Kenya - now one of Kenya’s biggest exports. Five generations have lived on the farm and it is currently run by his granddaughter Fiona Vernon. The farm house is set within beautiful gardens surrounded by acres of tea and indigenous forest - home to the Colobus monkey and plenty of other wildlife.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entrance fee Adult= 34USD | Child under 12 years = 17USD | Child under 5 Years = No charge
- Entry/Admission - Kiambethu Farm
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kiambethu Farm, Girls School Rd Tigoni, Limuru 00217 Kenya
Come and enjoy a lunch time tour of the farm with Fiona...
Arrive at 11am and over a cup of tea or coffee the history of the farm and process of making tea is informally explained, followed by an opportunity to see tea in the field.
Then take a walk in the indigenous forest with our resident Kenyan guide who will identify the plants and explain how they are traditionally used. Look out for the Colobus monkeys close up and wander in the gardens which are home to a wide variety of birds and flowers.
Return to the house to enjoy a pre-lunch drink on the verandah with sweeping views across the tea fields to the Ngong Hills. Enjoy your three course buffet lunch from our set menu prepared with vegetables from the garden and desserts are topped with cream from our herd of Channel Island cows.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Residence around Nairobi City CenterAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Jomo kenya international Airport
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Closed on all Mondays and the last day of every month.Christmas Day and Happy New Years Day
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.