Nairobi Half-Day Tour in a Museum, Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Center
Spend a wonderful half day with giraffes and baby elephants and exploring the historical Karen Blixen museum. The tour visits the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center, The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust: A Haven for Elephants and Rhinos, and the Karen Blixen museum dedicated to the writer of the book "Out of Africa."
Spend approximately 1 hour at the mamba village resort or equivalent restaurant for lunch and you may also like to visit the crocodile park in the resort ( own expense which is optional).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees . ( David sheldrick = 7$.(Only cash) Giraffe center 15 $.(credit card only) Blixen 12$
- Entry/Admission - Karen Blixen Museum
- Entry/Admission - David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Entry/Admission - Giraffe Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karen Blixen Museum, Karen Rd Langata, Nairobi Kenya
Karen Blixen house puts you right in the movie, Out of Africa
The history of the institution dates back in 1910 when a museum was established in Nairobi by the then East Africa and Uganda Natural History Society [currently the East African Natural History Society.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Mbagathi Road Kws Workshop Entrance - Nairobi National Park, Nairobi 00503 Kenya
The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust (DSWT) Elephant Nursery in Nairobi National Park provides a safe haven to orphaned baby elephants rescued by the DSWT. The Nursery provides the first stage in the hand-rearing and development of milk dependent baby elephants. Once they graduate from the Nursery, aged 2-3 years, the elephants move to one of the DSWT's Reintegration Centres in Tsavo East National Park, from where they will ultimately return to the wild.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Giraffe Centre, Duma Rd, Nairobi Kenya
The Giraffe Centre is the creation of the African Fund for Endangered Wildlife (A.F.E.W. Kenya), a Kenyan non-profit organisation. Our main purpose is to educate Kenyan school children and youth on their country’s wildlife and environment, as well as give local and international visitors an opportunity to come into close contact with the world’s tallest species, the giraffe.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Hotels and Residencies within Nairobi city or Nearest Airport.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 104 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.