"Myth and History" Dion and Mount Olympus (Departure from Halkidiki)
Departure to Dion, religious center of the Ancient Macedonians dedicated to the worshipping of Olympian Zeus, situated at the footsteps of the famous Mount Olympus, the mythical home of the Gods. In Dion, Alexander the Great offered rich sacrifices to the Gods before leaving into the legendary expedition to Asia. Visit of the archaeological site and of the museum. We continue to the traditional village of Litochoro. Free time for a tour of this picturesque village and for one walk in the valley of Enipea, on the low slopes of the mountain Olympus,which is the highest Greek mountain, the residence of the twelve Ancient gods and is declared as National Park. It is internationally known as for its important ecological characteristics and incomparable natural beauty as well as for its strong relationship with Ancient Greek mythology. The importance of the National Park has been recognized not only in Greece and Europe, but all over the world. Return to Thessaloniki.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Olympus, Greece
The route from Thessaloniki to Olympos is one of most astonishing routes of Northern Greece. Dion is an area at the foot of Mt Olympus. Nowadays it is known all over the world because archaeologists discovered a very important Macedonian city. The Ancient kings of Macedonia had chosen Dion as their summer resort. Today we can admire the ruins of that civilization in the archaeological site of Dion and the archaeological museum of Dion.
Duration: 55 minutes
Departure Point :Aristotelous 13, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
When filling the reservation form, clients will have the option to choose the pick up point regarding the nearest stop to their accommodation.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.