Mystic Ateshgah and Yanar Dag Tour
Mystic Ateshgah and Yanar Dag (Burning Mountain) 3-hour tour combines the full-day exploration of two ancient and historical places. These two attractions of Baku have been tied by culture and history for centuries. With your local guide, you will learn about history and further interesting facts and legends related to Ateshgah and Yanar Dag. Ateshgah, the fire temple of Indian fire-worshipers, is one of the most interesting and peculiar historical monuments located near Baku.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local professional English speaking guide
- Transportation to Ateshgah, Burning Mountain (Yanar Dagh) and back to the starting point
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Ateshgah - Fire Temple
- Entry/Admission - Yanar Dag
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if not requested beforehand)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ateshgah - Fire Temple, Сураханский район, Baku Azerbaijan
The guide will pick you up either from Sahil or your accommodation (according to your preferences) and start heading to the ancient zoroastrian temple "Ateshgah" which is considered as an authentic Azerbaijani exotic site to visit. It is located approximately 30 km from the center of Baku in the suburb of Surakhany. You will learn a lot about the temple from your guide, particularly, more about the history of creation of such a temple in Baku and unique natural phenomenon of burning natural gas outlets.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yanar Dag, Binagadi-Balakhany Highway Absheron Peninsula - Village of Mammadli, Baku 0125 Azerbaijan
In the second part of visit, after visiting the temple you will go directly to "Yanar Dag" (Burning Mountain) which is not far from Ateshgah temple. It is the most famous and popular tourist site of the “eternal flame” in Azerbaijan. Actually, it is rather a hill than a mountain, with natural gas burning on its slope from ancient times.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Sahil Park, Uzeyir Hajibeyov St In Front Of Akhundov National Library, Baku Azerbaijan
The tour ends at the pickup point. Your guide will provide you with all assistance and practical information to get the best out of your experience while in Baku.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Sahil st., Zarifa Aliyeva, Bakı, Azerbaijan
Traveler pickup is offered
If you'd like a hotel pickup, please specify your accommodation address during checkout.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.