Myanmar Border-Crossing & Mae Khong River Cruise Tour
After hotel pick up be driven to Mae Sai on the Thai-Burma trading border. Cross the Sai River into Tha Chilek, the town on the Burmese side, and witness local Burmese life in nearby village.
On a rickshaw you will explore Tha Chilek with its Shan style temple. Then ride around the town through lanes and side streets of Tha Chilek. Ending at a local market, famous for products from Southern China, Burma, and Laos. Lunch at a local restaurant.
Proceed on to the Golden Triangle area, where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet. Take a long-tailed boat trip around the Golden Triangle to view the splendor of the mighty Mae Khong River joining the Ruak River and forming the “triangle” with Laos, Burma, and Thailand.
Return to your hotel at around 4.00pm.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided tour of the Thai-Myammar border, Golden Triangle area, and Mae Sai town
- Admission fees
- Roundtrip transportation from/to Chiang Rai hotels
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any Passport and Visa necessities applicable
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mae Sai, Mae Sai, Chiang Rai Province
Mae Sai District is the northernmost district of Chiang Rai Province in northern Thailand. The town of Mae Sai is a major border crossing between Thailand and Myanmar. Asian Highway Network AH2 crosses the Mae Sai River to the town Tachileik in Myanmar.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Myanmar, Myanmar
Cross the Sai River into Tha Chilek, the town on the Burmese side, and witness local Burmese life in nearby village. On a rickshaw you will explore Tha Chilek with its Shan style temple.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Golden Triangle, Sob Ruak Village, Chiang Saen 57150 Thailand
The Golden Triangle locally known as Sop Ruak is where Thailand, Burma and Laos meet separated by the Mekong river. The border between Thailand and Burma is marked by the Ruak river, which flows into the Mekong.
The Golden Triangle is known for its beautiful scenery. From the viewpoint you will see the three neighboring countries, the Mekong river and the hilly landscape with its small villages and hilltop temples.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all hotels in the Chiang Rai city area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children 1 and younger are complimentary
- Children 11 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Having correct Passport & Visa requirements are the responsibility of the customer
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability and cancellation if minimum number of people is not met on the activity day. (Alternative date or refund will be offered should this occur.).
- Most travelers can participate
- For French speaking guide you can upgrade to a Private Tour PLUS add Supplement payment of Baht 1,000.00 (whole party).
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- I Asia Thailand has an exclusive partnership with 'Safety in Asia’. Being specialists in Health & Safety management in the hospitality industry, they will guide us on the best hygiene practices available. 'Safety in Asia' is FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) approved.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.