My Lai Massacre Memory 1 Day Tour From Hoi An Ancient Town
Take a day trip from Hoi An to travel back in time and learn first-hand about the tragedies of the My Lai Massacre that occurred during the Vietnam War. Explore the village of My Lai to interact with the locals then visit the museum to learn more.
● Journey deep into the countryside of central Vietnam to explore the tragic village of My Lai and its Massacre memorial
● Stop at a local market on the way for a fascinating insight into local life
● Visit a museum and learn about the massacre that occurred during the Vietnam War
● Interact with locals as you wander through the village
● Visit another important historical site, Chien Dan Cham Towers a vestige of the ancient Champa civilization.
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Travel insurance: $5000 USD/ case
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - My Lai Massacre - Son My Memorial
What's excluded :
- Tips/ gratuities, personal expenses
- Under 5 years old or below 100cm tall: free of charge
- From 5 to 11 years old or from 100cm to below 140cm tall: 75% of adult
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: My Lai Massacre - Son My Memorial, Tinh Khe, Son Tinh District, Quang Ngai Vietnam
Today we take about a 2 hours drive Southward on the National Highway, 80 kilometers to My Lai Massacre memorial in Quang Ngai province. Before reaching My Lai village, we make a stop at local market which offers some of the most close-up views of the daily local life in the Central Coast. After, we will visit Chien Dan Cham towers, a vestige of the Champa civilization.
In one of the most horrific incidents of violence against civilians during the Vietnam War, a company of American soldiers brutally killed the majority of the population of the South Vietnamese hamlet of My Lai in March 1968. Though the exact numbers remains unconfirmed, it is believed that as many as 500 people were murdered including women, children and the elderly in the My Lai Massacre… This tour to the historical site of My Lai will give you an insight into the American – Vietnam War. In this village, there are also many stories about the life and mythical things in the war in the 19th century in Vietnam. You will visit the museum, stroll around the village, interact with the locals and have lunch at a local restaurant before going back to Hoi An late in the afternoon.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :286 Nguyễn Duy Hiệu, Cẩm Châu, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up at your hotel which is located within Hoi An Ancient Town. Picking up at other suburban districts might be extra charged.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.