Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tomb Day Tour
The combination of Ming Tombs (Changling) and Mutianyu Great Wall leads you to experience historical and scenic China in one day. Starting from Changling Underground Palace, you will learn more about the Ming Dynasty. Walking towards it is awe inspiring. And once you get inside, you realize what great builders the ancients were. The park of the palace is relaxing to walk around. Mutianyu Great Wall is where to see the more original look of Great Wall. It is more scenic with lush plants and less crowds comparing to Badaling Section. A place to admire ancient intelligence and enjoy the natural beauty.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English Speaking tour guide
- Hotel transfer: within East and West Third Ring Road, North Fourth Ring Road, South Second Ring Road
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Ming Tombs-Changling Tomb （Southeast Gate）
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
What's excluded :
- Fee of cable car：RMB100 (single way); RMB120 (return)
- Other personal expense
- Shuttle bus fee：RMB15
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ming Tombs-Changling Tomb （Southeast Gate）, China, Beijing Shi, Changping Qu, Huaichang Rd, 十三陵长陵
Pick up travelers from hotel on departure time between 7:00am and 7:30am, and then drive to Ming Tomb (50 miles away from downtown about one hour driving). The thirteen Ming Tombs are the best-preserved Chinese imperial tombs with 500 years history. You will visit Changling, the head and the largest tomb of Ming Tombs, where Emperor Yongle (the first emperor in Beijing) and his Empress Xu were buried. The sightseeing on the Ming Tomb takes about 1 hour.
End the visit of Ming Tomb at about 11:00, before having Chinese traditional lunch (11:30), travelers have 45 minutes to have a short visit of Jade Carving Factory. The jade carving is very famous special local product, it was not only the excellent skill on carving, but also mixes many Chinese traditional cultures in the jade carving.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Village, Bohai Town, Huairou District, Beijing China
After having lunch, then driving to Mutianyu Great Wall. Mutianyu Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings - dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of a year. If you want to reach the highest point, cable car is a good choice (optional).
You are returned to the downtown Beijing, you will have a chance to enjoy the Chinese traditional Tea Ceremony for around 40-50 minutes. After the tour, transferred back to your hotels around 6:00pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao, 1 Chongwenmen W St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100005
2: Grand Mercure Beijing Central, China, Beijing Shi, Xicheng Qu, 宣武门内大街6号 邮政编码: 100031
3: Holiday Inn Beijing Deshengmen, 71 Deshengmen Outer St, Bei Tai Ping Zhuang, Xicheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100088
4: Novotel Beijing Sanyuan, Nuo Fu Te San Yuan Jiu Dian, Chaoyang Qu, Beijing Shi, China
5: The Great Wall Sheraton Hotel Beijing, 10 E 3rd Ring Rd N, Chaoyang Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100125
Traveler pickup is offered
Important Notice: We offer complimentary pick up service from your hotel located within East and West Third Ring Road, North Fourth Ring Road, South Second Ring Road.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please provide your hotel name and address in Beijing
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.