Mutianyu Great Wall and Forbidden City Day Tour in Beijing
Gain insight into the Chinese imperial family while touring the Forbidden City, enjoy a relaxing visit to the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu. Follow a knowledgeable local tour guide on this full day Beijing sightseeing tour with Forbidden City and Mutianyu Great Wall.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Group tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Local lunch
- Hotel pickup & drop-off
- Entrance ticket fees
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
What's excluded :
- Great Wall cable car
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
The excellent local tour guide will pick you up from the hotel in the morning to join in this tour. You will firstly see the Tian’anmen Square and visit the Forbidden City, which serves not only the city's symbol but also the symbol of China.
Forbidden City is also known as Palace Museum, Gu Gong in Chinese. It is the world's largest palace complex and covers 74 hectares. In 1987, it was declared a World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO. Now it is One of the most visited museums in the world and a must see in Beijing for all travelers. Then enjoy a Chinese lunch at a nice local restaurant, and you will have a short visit to a jade carving factory and Tea house during the trip.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Village, Bohai Town, Huairou District, Beijing China
In the afternoon, continue to explore the Mutianyu Great Wall, which is famous for its breathtaking scenery, and is less crowded, so you may even have a part of the wall to yourself. Mutianyu Great Wall connects Juyongguan Pass in the west and Gubeikou Great Wall in the east. It was first built in Northern Qi Dynasty (550 - 557) and was rebuilt in Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644) in order to strengthen its defensive potential. It winds 1.4 miles through lofty mountains and high ridges. It measures 23 to 26 feet high and four to five yards wide. Both of the wall's inner and outer sides have parapets to defend against enemies coming from the two sides. Its unique structure makes the wall almost indestructible. You may walk along the ancient bricks and take beautiful photos of the Great Wall. Later drive back to downtown and you will be dropped off at the hotel to conclude the full-day sightseeing.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Beijing, China
Traveler pickup is offered
Important Notice:Pickup from centrally located Beijing hotels within the North & East & West 3rd ring road, South 2nd ring road. Meeting point will be advised if your hotel is not within the pickup area, Return point will be the original departure point
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/1/2017 - 12/31/2025
Tuesday - Sunday: 06:30 AM - 08:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a group tour and the pickup time varies based on different hotel location
- Tour guide will contact you at your hotel one day in advance or leave a message to confirm the pick-up time
- The duration of transfer is approximate and will depend on the traffic condition
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.