Mutianyu Great Wall and Changling Ming Tomb Bus Tour from Beijing
Escape the crowds by visiting the Mutianyu Great Wall section as it is more isolated than the Badaling section. It’s a challenging hike from the valley floor to the top rampart but the reward is a spectacular view of the wall snaking for miles over mountainous terrain. This tours will also give you the opportunity to visit the Changling Tomb, the biggest tomb in the 13 Ming Tombs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned tour coach
- English-speaking tour guide
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Entry/Admission - Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling)
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
What's excluded :
- Cable car fee to the Mutianyu Great Wall
- Shuttle bus fee at the Mutianyu Great Wall
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ming Tombs (Ming Shishan Ling), Ming Shisan Ling Area, Changling Town, Changping District, Beijing 102213 China
Your English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 6:30 am and 7:30 am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
The first stop of the tour is the Ming Tombs, the well-preserved Chinese imperial tombs with 500 years’ of history behind it. We will visit Changling Tomb, which is the tomb for the 3rd Emperor of Ming Dynasty. Emperor Yong Le also made the biggest contribution to the formation of the old Beijing City.
After exploring the Ming Tombs, you will have the opportunity to visit a Jade Carving Factory for 45 minutes. Jade carving is a very popular product in China, not only for the excellent skills artists need to do the carvings, but also because of the cultural background behind. A traditional Chinese cuisine lunch will follow the visit.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Village, Bohai Town, Huairou District, Beijing China
The next activity is the Great Wall, the longest piece of architecture in the world, stretching from China’s east coast to China’s west desert. This section of the Wall called Mutianyu is known for its beautiful surroundings like dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of a year. At Mutianyu, you can hike up the side of mountain to the wall or take a cable car (at your own expense). Then you can walk over the wall passing several watch towers for different views. On the way down, you can either walk, or take the cable car or toboggan (at your own expense).
After this 2 hour visit, you will return to Beijing downtown, where you will have the chance to learn about Chinese traditional tea ceremonies at a Tea Shop. Finishing the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel around 6:00 pm, depending on the hotel drop-off order.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This is a bus tour. The hotel pick-up time (Between 6:30 am and 7:30 am) will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts (normally after 6:00 pm) by a phone call to your hotel.Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. Our Customer Service will inform you by e-mail of an alternative pick-up meeting pointIf you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, the guide will ask you to please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on a main street.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a bus tour. The hotel pick-up time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts (normally after 6:00 pm) by a phone call. If you didn't get any information about the hotel pick-up time after 10:00 pm the day before the tour, please call the emergency number and they will inform you
- Hotel must be in Beijing city centre (within the third ring road). If you stay in an apartment block, we will find a nearest hotel as your pickup point. If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, please walk a few steps and wait for our bus on a main street.
- Please note that depending on traffic conditions, the return time may be later than stated
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.