Multi-Day Tour of Mahabalipuram and Pondicherry from Chennai
A land with a vibrant culture and a glorious past, the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu has hundreds of stories to tell. Teeming with history, the state is home to several magnificent temples, a testament to the skill and artistry of ancient Indian craftsmen. Its capital, Chennai, is a modern, cosmopolitan, bustling city, but retains much of the magic of its past in many of its beautiful heritage buildings. As you head out of Chennai to visit the ancient cities of Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram, you can’t help but marvel at the genius of Indian architects of the centuries gone by. Kick up your heels and relax in the French Riviera-like town of Pondicherry and experience unparalleled peace at Auroville during this 6-day tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation on Twin / Triple Occupancy including buffet breakfast
- Private vehicle for airport transfers and for visits as per program
- Local private English speaking guide
- All current applicable taxes
What's excluded :
- International air ticket to and from India, Visa for India and travel insurance etc
- Domestic / Internal air travel in India
- Meals other than mentioned in “Product Inclusions
- Christmas Eve & New Year celebration charges
- Expenses personal nature such as tips during check-in and check-out in hotel(s), to chauffeur, at restaurants, gratuities, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, phone calls and Still or Video Camera Fees Etc.
- Any increase in government taxes, entrance fees, interstate taxes etc,
- Expenses caused by reasons beyond our and our associate offices control such as flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuation riots, strikes, political unrest, natural disasters etc.
- Any items / services not specifically mentioned in the price includes section
- Day 1: Chennai
Arrive in Chennai, where we meet you at the airport and transfer you to the comforts of your hotel room.
Day 2: Chennai - Mahabalipuram
Today, we begin the sight-seeing tour of the city with the iconic, 400-year-old English Fortress of St. George as the first stop. Spend time at the Government Museum (closed on Friday), see the magnificent Kapaleeshwarar Temple. Next visit DakshinChitra (Closed on Tuesdays and on 07th Nov 2018) a living museum dedicated to South Indian heritage and culture. After the visit continue your driver further to reach to your hotel Mahabalipuram, arrive and check in at your hotel.
Day 3: Mahabalipuram
Begin your day exploring the best of Mahabalipuram and see the sights at Arjuna’s Penance, Shore Temple and the Five Rathas. Rest of the day would be free for you to enjoy the facilities of hotel or to explore the surroundings.
Day 4: Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry
Today drive to India’s French Riviera, Puducherry. Arrive in Pondicherry and check in to your hotel. Later in the afternoon being your tour of beach side town. You will visit the world-famous Aurobindo Ashram and the most peaceful place on earth, Auroville.
Day 5: Puducherry
Today morning continue with your tour of the city. Enjoy walking tour of the French Quarter of the town. Later visit Pondicherry Museum (closed on Mondays). The Museum is a hub for art enthusiasts, history lovers and explorers. The museum is known for having remains from the Arikamedu Roman settlements. At the same time, it features a rare collection of bronze and stone sculptures that provide information and insight into the Chola and Pallava dynasties of India. Apart from this, the museum also houses some of the rare artefacts from Roman empires that once lived in Pondicherry. The museum is also popular for artefacts from literature and Dravidian culture.
Day 6: Depart Pondicherry
End your trip with lots of memories and a camera full of photographs as we transfer you to Chennai airport where your tour concludes.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Chennai Airport, Chennai (Madras) India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum booking period should be 30 days from start of Tour date.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- While no dress code is strictly enforced, please be advised that short shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended in the temple
- A minimum of 1 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.