Mughal Bazaars Walk Tour
Walk among the medieval era bazaars functioning since grand "Mughal" era. Be amazed to see the merchants selling the same unique stuff since centuries in the same peculiar manner.
Explore the bustling streets and hidden lanes of Old Delhi during this small-group walking tour. Board a Bicycle rickshaw and traverse through the streets jampacked with crazy crowds and porters running away with the stuff, peruse the goods at the Bazaar, and sample a local refreshing drink during your excursion. Learn about the history of Delhi and India from your informative guide and enjoy picturesque views of the city.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Local expert Storyteller guide
- Short Bicycle rickshaw ride
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Khari Baoli, India
Functioning Since "Mughal era" this largest Spice market of Asia is a bundle of many surprises. This medieval rustic market is busy with locals and tourists and the sound of multi lingual chatter. The alleys wind and cross to reveal sections for salt and herbs etc with busy workers moving carts to fulfil orders. All of this mixed with the smell of fresh whole and ground spices is something that your nostrils will never forget.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Chandni Chowk, Near Red Fort, New Delhi 110006 India
The Chandni Chowk (Moonlight Square) is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Old Delhi, India. The Red Fort monument is located at the eastern end of Chandni Chowk. It was built in the 17th century by Mughal Emperor of India Shah Jahan and designed by his daughter Jahanara. The market was once divided by canals (now closed) to reflect moonlight and remains one of India's largest wholesale markets.
Stop At: Nai Sarak, Vaidwara, Maliwara, Roshanpura, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
We shall stop briefly for having a local refreshing drink known as "Shikanji" made up of Lemon, sugar, and herbs. Then we enter a road that houses Delhi's largest book shops and also famous Indian "Saree" dress. Watch the glittering colorful market and the booksellers facing locusts of Students thronging the area to grab the books of their curriculum. Soon the view of the grand Mosque "Jama mosque " will appear. We then finally head back towards "Chawri bazaar" metro train station in an Bicycle rickshaw.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Chawri Bazar Metro Station, Hauz Qazi, Hauz Qazi Chowk, Bazar Sirkiwalan, Kaccha Pandit Main Bazar, Lal Kuan Bazar, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.