Mtskheta, Jvari, Uplistsikhe, Stalin Museum · Private Tour · Trending Georgia
If you are looking for quality, If you need a professional team to operate your tour, You are in the right place.
From Tbilisi to Mtskheta, old capital of georgia. Jvari monastery, Breathtaking views, Old cathedral, boat trip on river mtkvari, ancient city carved in stone and Stalin museum. Enjoy yourself and have an awesome time.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Stalin Museum
- Entry/Admission - Uplistsiche Cave Town
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mtskheta, Mtskheta, Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region
Mtskheta was the ancient capital of the Eastern Georgian Kingdom from the Third Century BCE to Fifth Century CE. It was also the location where Christianity was proclaimed as the kingdom’s official religion and continues to function as the headquarters of the Georgian Orthodox Church. The city is very small and is just a 20 minute drive from the capital of Tbilisi. Churches of Mtskheta are outstanding examples of medieval religious architecture in the Caucasus. They show the high artistic and cultural level attained by this ancient kingdom. "Historical Monuments of Mtskheta" became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Translated as “The Monastery of the Cross”, Jvari is a 6th Century Monastery that is, coincidentally, in the shape of a cross. It is located on a mountaintop with a great view of the meeting between the Mtkvari and Aragvi rivers as well as the entire city of Mtkskheta. Jvari Monastery is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, along with other historic structures in Mtshketa. Jvari is the perfect place for those looking to travel back in time and enjoy the architecture of the Middle Ages.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Stalin Museum, 32 Stalin Avenue Stalin Park, Gori 1400 Georgia
The Joseph Stalin Museum in Gori, Georgia dedicated to the life of Joseph Stalin, the leader of the Soviet Union, who was born in Gori. The Museum retains its Soviet-era characteristics.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Uplistsiche Cave Town, Kvakhvreli 15 km Eastwards to Town Gori, Gori 1423 Georgia
Uplistsikhe literally, "the lord's fortress" is an ancient rock-hewn town in eastern Georgia, Built on a high rocky left bank of the Mtkvari River, it contains various structures dating from the Early Iron Age to the Late Middle Ages, and is notable for the unique combination of various styles of rock-cut cultures from Anatolia and Iran, as well as the co-existence of pagan and Christian architecture.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Due to challenges caused by coronavirus ( covid-19), we are providing our customers with extra support and resources.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.