Mt. Rainier National Park Small Group Tour from Seattle with Gourmet Lunch
With a charming naturalist as your companion, stretch your legs through an old growth forest surrounded by 800-year old trees towering above you. Feel the cool mist blowing off glacier fed waterfalls carving through an ancient canyon. Refuel your energy with a chef-prepared picnic in the wilderness. Encounter the largest glaciers in the lower 48 as you stroll through alpine meadows above 5,000' while looking for wildlife. With your guide's help, spot mountaineers heading for the summit--a human drama unfolding before your eyes.
- Learn Mt. Rainier’s natural history on 4-6 guided nature walks.
- Leave the crowds behind with a small group of 10 guests or less.
- Explore the best photo spots for any season or weather.
- A knowledgeable, certified guide at your side to inform and entertain.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide and driver accompanies you throughout your journey
- National Park fees
- Tea, coffee & coco
- Choice of gourmet lunch with entrée, side of vegetables, fresh green salad, and dessert.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within downtown Seattle
- Bottled water
- 4-6 nature walks through Mt. Rainier’s ecosystems with a certified guide
- Entry/Admission - Mount Rainier
What's excluded :
- Guide Gratuities (not required, always appreciated, equal to about 15% of your tour price)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hyatt Regency Seattle, 808 Howell St, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Your tour will begin between 7:30am and 8:00am when your guide for the day picks you up at your downtown Seattle hotel or preferred location in the vicinity. If you are not staying in the vicinity of downtown Seattle or Sea-Tac area hotels, please arrange to meet us at the Hyatt Regency Seattle located on Howell St.
After pickup, we'll drive south to Mt. Rainier National Park. As we approach the park, Mt. Rainier will periodically come into view on clear days. You'll enjoy the scenery of the rustic farmland and lowland old growth forests will that surround the mountain as we get closer. During the journey, your guide will share background information about the park itself as well as the area's natural history to put your visit to Mt. Rainier in a broader context of the Pacific Northwest's geologic past.
Stop At: Mount Rainier National Park, WA 98304
After entering the park, we'll begin to gain elevation and you'll get your first panoramic views of Mt. Rainier's glacier clad flanks and summit that towers above us at 14,411 ft. On the way up the mountain, we'll make stops to stretch our legs and breath in our surroundings in the old growth forest amidst towering trees that have stood for over 800 years. We'll take in plunging waterfalls and rivers fed by glacial run-off and heavy with silt, shaping the landscape before our eyes. The highest elevation your tour will reach will between 5,400 and 6,400 ft. At these heights, you'll be surrounded by the mountain's sub-alpine splendor. Early spring tours will see the mountain still in the midst of winter at these elevations. Summer tours in July and August will be able to walk through Mt. Rainier's famous expanses of wildflower meadows, and after a short hike, come face to face with some of the mountain's 25 major glaciers--the most of any peak in the US outside of Alaska.
Your full time guide will be with you throughout your journey at Mt. Rainier. You'll learn about the mountain's cycle of seasons, how its glaciers formed, how they are continually changing the landscape, and what's in store for the mountain's future. Around midday, your guide will serve you a delicious catered lunch in the park. No cold, dry sandwiches and bag of chips here! Lunches typically include a selection of steak, salmon, or chicken skewers with sides of vegetables, a fresh green salad, and dessert along with a selection of hot and cold beverages. We happily make meal arrangements for vegetarians, vegans or any other dietary requirements with advanced notice.
Duration: 6 hours
Pass By: Hyatt Regency Seattle, 808 Howell St, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
After about 6 hours spent within the park, it will be time to head back toward Seattle. Once in Seattle, your guide will drop you off at your preferred location in downtown Seattle.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels, AirBnB’s, and vacation rentals in downtown Seattle. Pick up times in downtown Seattle are typically between 7:40am-8:00am. Once you make a booking, please contact us to confirm your pick up location. At least 1 day before your tour, we will contact you to inform you of your individual pick-up time slot. This is the best way to avoid everyone standing at the curb at the same time. If you’re not staying in downtown Seattle or by Sea-Tac Airport, please plan to meet the group at the Seattle Hyatt Regency (808 Howell St.). If you are staying outside of this area or you are unsure of whether or not we can pick you up, please contact us to inquire. We will do our best to accommodate you!
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise the supplier of any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking
- Subject to road conditions. This tour may be canceled up to and including the day of travel due to hazardous road conditions. The tour route may also be modified due to road closures or hazards. This tour requires a minimum of 4 guest bookings on the day of travel in order to operate. The supplier reserves the right to cancel the tour up to and including the day before the scheduled tour date if insufficient bookings have been received by that time.
- This tour includes opportunities for modest amounts of walking and hiking on marked trails, but over many uneven surfaces as well as up and down hill. For those with limited mobility or who do not wish to hike, alternative arrangements can be made.
- Weather conditions on Mt. Rainier can change quickly even during the summer, so please dress appropriately. Even during summer months, you may feel warm when walking but can cool quickly once we stop for a rest. We recommend preparing multiple layers including a t-shirt, insulating layer and a waterproof layer like an outer shell or windbreaker. Particularly for spring and fall tours, please prepare insulating clothes and be prepared for periods of rain or fog. Please also wear appropriate footwear such as sturdy soled shoes or sneakers suitable to hiking over uneven terrain.
- This tour operates rain or shine, but your guide will show you the best spots on any given day, no matter what the weather is doing.
- We also offer hotel pick up from Sea-Tac airport area hotels. If your hotel provides an airport shuttle service, then it’s most likely close enough to our route of travel for us to pick you up at your hotel. Sea-Tac area hotel pick-ups are conducted after downtown Seattle pick-ups and are usually between 8:15-8:20am. We will contact you at least 1 day before your tour to inform you of your individual pick-up time slot.
- Most travelers can participate
- We happily accommodate a wide range of dietary requirements with your own delicious meal. In order for us to arrange this for you, however, please notify us of your request no less than 72 hours before your tour. If there is less than 72 hours before the tour, we will do our best to accommodate you, but if we can’t we will let you know at the time of booking.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.