Mt Kilimanjaro hiking from Ausha, Tanzania
This short hike is designed for those of you not wishing to undertake the grueling climb to the summit but still wishing to experience some of the natural beauty on offer in Kilimanjaro National Park, this trip is for you.
per adult from
7 to 10 hours
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 40000 Tanzania
You will be picked up from your hotel in Moshi or Arusha and transferred to the Marangu Gate of the National Park. For the day trip you will effectively be doing the first day of the total climb- through the lush rainforest ecosystem.
From the Marangu gate, accompanied by your professional mountain guide, you will hike to the Mandara Huts, at an altitude of 2700m. You will stop here for lunch and then take a short walk to view the Maundi crater, from where you can see the view of both the Mawenzi peak and Kibo peak (the summit). This hike, suitable for anyone of average fitness, takes approximately 3 hours each way.
You will have plenty of time to stop and take in the variety of fauna and flora found in the national park, including the Black and White colobus monkey and the Kilimanjaro passion flower, unique to the ecosystem of Kilimanjaro. Following your hike you will return to the gate at Marangu and be transferred back to your hotel
Departure Point :Arusha, Tanzania
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.