Mt. Kenya trekking 4 nights 5 days Sirimon route
Mount Kenya trek that combines the two most scenic routes of Mt Kenya. Ascent is on the dry side of mountain which offers some of the finest walking. Climb up through forest into a wide ridge approach to the summit area. The route starts on the northwest side of the mountain near Nanyuki. Access is adequate and the bunk house facilities are the best on this side of the mountain
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 4x Breakfast
- 3x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 4 nights
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
Day 1: Nairobi / Sirimon / Judmaier Camp [Old Moses Camp] 3-4 hrs, 9km, 860m
Stop At: Nanyuki Town, Nanyuki Town, Nanyuki Municipality, Laikipia County, Rift Valley Province
Leave Nairobi at 8.00am to Nanyuki town then
Proceed to Sirimon Gate, 1 hr, 2440m. From the gate follow the track as it
winds uphill though the forest which becomes heath land after about 3 hrs.
About 3½ hours from the gate the track veers right to Judmaier Camp, 3300
Accommodation included: Camp tent
Day 2: Judmier Camp/Shipton Camp 6-7hrs, 17km, 900m ascent
Stop At: Mackinder's, Kenya
After breakfast, follow the track uphill, forking left at the junction.
After one hour from Old Moses Camp, the track crosses Ontulili River. Go right contouring through the Moorland and crossing Liki North and continue uphill to Mackinders Valley from where there are panoramic views up the valley towards the main peaks.
Accommodation included: Shipton camp tent 4200m.
Day 3: Day 3
Stop At: Lenana, Nairobi, Kenya
Leave at 3am up a steep stony quarry that cuts through a cliff
clearing visible part towards lower Hall Tarns arriving Mount Kenya point Lenana (6km from Shipton Camp) at 6:30am, taking about 3hrs. After the sunrise, descend down to Mintos camp (6km), 2hrs.
Accommodation included: Camp tent.
Day 4: Day 4
Pass By: Mount Meru, Arusha National Park 00255 Tanzania
4-5hrs further down to Mount Meru Bandas, 2950m
Accommodation included: Mount Kenya Lodge
Day 5: Chogoria Bandas / Chogoria / Nairobi
Stop At: Nairobi, Nairobi
Aftret Breakfast 4x4 transfer vehicle to Chogoria Town then transfer back to Nairobi.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Trav-Interactive, Nairobi City KE, Anniversary Towers, Nairobi, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
Find branded vehicles or staff in company uniforms and identification.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
- Syokimau SGR Railway Station, Old Mombasa Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.