Mrtvica Canyon Hiking Tour
Mrtvica canyon is located 35 km from Kolašin in the direction of Podgorica, in the village of Međuriječje. The hidden under the mountain of Maganik, about 9 km long, it is a real jewel of untouched nature. It is one of the most beautiful canyons of the former Yugoslavia.
The small river Mrtvica springs on Trebješ mountain, and after 15km of flow it descends in the area of Međuriječje. It flows into the largest Montenegrin river Morača.
With '' Monte Mare Travel '' in this hiking tour you will enjoy the beauty of still not enough explored canyons, but more and more popular for tourists, true nature lovers.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Licensed tourist guide for hiking tour (English language)
- Travel Insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drink during the tour
- Other non-program costs
- Travel health insurance - optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mrtvica Canyon, Medjurecje, Kolasin Municipality Montenegro
Trip facts: track length: 13 km, max altitude: 586 m, weight: easy - medium, availability: April - November each year.
At the very beginning of the tour, at the entrance to the canyon, we will see a small stone bridge that Prince Danilo raised in 1858 in honor of his mother who originated from this area. The bridge was named "Danilo's Bridge". Next, by walking along the path leading right along the rock, we will reach the "Gate of Wish", made up of two rocks connected at the top. Here we will make a short break. You will enjoy the view of a calm and clear river, relaxing in a bright blue and green color that brings peace and simplicity to the visitors. For this gate is connected the story that the fairy from Maganik will fulfill your wish, if you throw a jackstone into the river. Just a few steps away, you can hear the great noise of sparkling waterfalls, from which the most attractive are the "White Nerini". You will notice a thick vegetation that makes this ambience special. And that's not the end. The special attraction of this part is a narrow in the rock that was broken through by the army in 1973, led by General Danilo Jauković. In this way, two villages of Mrtvo Duboko and Velje Duboko were connected, and the locals called it "Danilo's Road". After the passage of this way also known as "Mrtičke Beams", we arrive at Stone Beach where is the end point of the tour. Here we will have a short break for rest. After visiting this sparkling river that abounds with springs, waterfalls and wild rapids and passes through the rock, which is absolutely impossible when you look far away, you will feel completely filled and happy. You'll want to visit him again!
Note: Tour lasts 5 - 6 hours + time for transfer depending on the city of your accommodation.
Need to bring: comfortable shoes, sneakers or climbing shoes. Water, food and good mood for unforgettable enjoyment!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat. Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Airports
- Golubovci Airport, Podgorica, Podgorica Municipality Montenegro
- Tivat Airport, 27 Narodnih Heroja, Tivat, Montenegro
- Port of Kotor, 420 Stari Grad, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Availability: spring, summer, autumn (depending on weather conditions)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.