Mountain Biking Safari and Lobi Tribe Cultural Trail
Enjoy the Lobi Tribe Community walk,Canoe Hippo Safari and the Forest Hike
per adult from
What's included :
- Attraction fee
What's excluded :
- Pick up and drop off
- Starting at the information center in Wechiau village, we join a local guide and cycle into the Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary itself. We’ll pass huge herds of local cattle, patiently shepherded byFulani herdsmen, and enter the sanctuary where a variety of activities are on offer. Take a canoe safari for an eye-level view of the hippos on the Black Volta, or stay on land for excellent bird watching and trekking, where monitor lizards and chameleons can often be spotted amongst the forest plants.
Back in Wechiau village; end your trip with a community walk to one of the traditional Lobi homesteads in the village. The Lobi are known for their unique architecture, traditional use of decorative lip plugs, and unusual funeral and marriage rites, and a local guide will give you an insider’s perspective on this fascinating African culture.
Temperature: Chilly morning/Hot in the afternoon
Departure Point :Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary Reception
Return Detail :Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary Reception
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You need to be fit and generally be in good health
- Minimum age is 14 years
- No maximum age limit but the you must be strong and fit
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.