Mount Zalagh Hiking and Trekking Day Trip from Fez
This short adventure tour of Hiking and trekking in Mount Zalagh Atlas Mountains is designed for travelers who like to rough it up a little. This tour opens opportunities for active travelers to immerse in the culture by visiting the rural areas and places not accessible to mass tourists. On this short expedition, natural landscapes, tribal markets, private homes are all in your reach.
Your one-day hiking tour from Fez adventure trekking the Mount Zalagh will take on experience beyond the scope of just active travel. Enjoy sunrise over the peaks of the Atlas Mountains, explore Berber natural sites, hike Mount Zalagh overlooking the marvelous city of Fez hiking trails out of reach to so many other overland trekkers. have a festive Moroccan lunch at the highest point of Mount Zalagh in a simple farmers compound. Enjoy baked fresh bread and tasty dishes as Moroccan farmers do. Experience a marvelous sunset ending your tour at the Hill of Sidi Ahmed Bernoussi with a mint-tea ceremony.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Your lunch will be a Couscous with seven vegetables or a three courses Tagine served in a Bedouin fashion followed by a Mint-tea ceremony like Berber locals do.
- You can walk, rent mule, a mountain bike and ride
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Morocco tours & Discoveries is the only specialized trekking operator in Fez among all tour Planners in Morocco with top-notched trekking guides and unexplored trails around Fez with real active tours. We offer a day trip to Mount Zalagh North of Fez giving travelers with little time an opportunity to discover the rich rural culture just a few miles from Fez city but worlds apart. Rural areas around Fez and especially on this hiking tour to Mount Zalagh which is the Mountains that separates tribes of Arab origins like Oulad Jamaa and Cheraga from The Berbers of Lmtaa and Beni Sadden. Maybe it is only a day trip but with such trip activities included, we promise you will encounter a wealth of discoveries and benefit from a journey not known to most of the visitors to Fez and beyond the scope of other active tour planners of small group touring. You will explore the Northern exposure of the Mountain crossing small adobe wards, visiting a Berber baked mud compound, a freshly cooked lunch under the millennium olive groves, have an afternoon tea ceremony in the Bedouin fashion closing your hiking day with a spectacular sunset overlooking the Medina of Fez twinkling in a distance. You can also enjoy a day cycling around mount Zalagh if you wish to have an active day. There are some steep ascends if you wish to make it physical somehow but it is breathtaking and is worth every effort to ride a dirt bike especially on the northern exposure of these mountains. Other tour activities are also offered on demand for the evening, like a Hammam Spa, dinner with a show, henna tattooing, etc...
Departure Point :
We can meet you at any hotel in Fez
AirportsFes Sais International Airport, Aéroport Fes Saïss Oulad Tayeb، Fes 30000, Morocco
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Sanitation in every vehicle used for transportation
- Emergency medical kit
- Safety distancing is provided from all our staff
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.