Mount Moses Pilgrimage
Because it is considered one of the oldest pilgrimage routes in the region, which is still working until now
We also have more stories that you will not know with someone else
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Camel In case of more comfortable and enjoyable viewing we can rent a camel for you
- „ Pilgrimage to Moses Sinai Mountain“
4 days, 195.— from 7th – 10th November 2019
Day 1, thursday
Transfer from Cairo to St.Catherine with East Delta Bus at 11.30 a.m
Arrival in St.Catherine ca. 7 p.m.
Short march of 10 minutes over the hill to our Desert Center. We spend the night in Zeitouna Garden during our stay.
Day 2, friday
Friday is in egypt Sunday, so we start slowly. After breakfast we walking through the desert to a nice secret place with a water well. From there, after one hour walking, we will show you the museum in the village of St.Katrin on the branch to St.Catherine’s Monastery.
These are 5 small stone houses designed as a natural history, geology and ethnology museum, in which a house of flora and fauna is dedicated.
From here we make a visit to Bedouin village St.Katrin, where Gebeliya beduins settled mainly in the 60s. Today about 1500 people live in the community. Everything is very simple to poor. Today we go to bed early, because the next morning we climb the Holy Mountain.
Day 3, saturday
We drive by taxi until the monastery and overtake there our mountain guide. The old path for the pilgrimage has around 5000 steps, carved into the rocks by a monk. A work as a life’s work. But we walk the camel path. The steps are closed.
We tell you all stories by hiking. On the top of 2267m, you will find a chappell and a small mosque.
In the late afternoon we will take the descent under our feet.
Second highlight today: you get your certificate with pilgrim’s stamp.
The last night in our Desert Center has broken. Tomorrow very early we go up, because the East Delta Bus is starting at 06.15 a.m.
Day 4, Sunday
Transfer to Kairo, arrival around 1h p.m.
Departure Point :مكتب تصديقات وزارة الخارجية ( الترجمان ), بولاق2، بولاق،، Boulaq Num.2, Bulaq, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.