Mount Etna Jeep 4x4 Full Day Tour from Catania or Taormina
Daily Etna Tours to the highest volcano in Europe. We will pick you up at your accommodation in Sicily with our off-road vehicles (among others the popular Land Rover 110) and head in direction to Mount Etna. During our adventurous drive up to the volcano, partially off-road, we will cross old lava fields as well as hundreds of years old forests. We will make several stops to visit some of the most beautiful sites on Mount Etna by foot, accompanied all the time by our English-speaking guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Gola dell'Alcantara
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
The excursion includes an easy walk to the impressive “Monte Fontana” and a visit of the famous valley “Valle del Bove”. Wandering through old and new lava flows, walking on extinct craters and visiting a real lava cave equipped with helmets and flashlights, where ice was produced centuries ago, you will enjoy an unforgettable experience.
Our English-speaking guide will show you the great variety of flora and fauna: plants and animals which populate our active volcano. While walking through ancient forests you will learn a lot about the vegetation and the wildlife of Mount Etna. Our last stop of the half-day tour will be around the cold lava streams of Piano Provenzana, which has been destroyed during the last big eruption of 2002.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Via Provenzana 37 Localita Piano Provenzana, 95015 Linguaglossa, Sicily Italy
You will also enjoy typical Sicilian food at a chalet
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Gola dell'Alcantara, via Nazionale Ss 185, 98030, Motta Camastra, Sicily Italy
Visit the famous Alcantara Gorges, which were formed millions of years ago on the north side of the volcano. Between the cold lava flows runs a small mountain river. Here you can walk barefoot in the crystal clear and ice cold water of the canyon or (during summer) have a refreshing swim.
On the way to the canyon we will pass by the idyllic Sicilian mountain village Castiglione di Sicilia and we will see Motta Camastra from the distance, which is situated on a slope. At the end of the tour we will drive you back to your accommodation.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :ETNA Fuel, SP4-I, Via Stabilimenti, 282, 95010 Santa Venerina CT, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
All Hotels and addresses in the city of Catania and TaorminaImportant: During the booking, please communicate the address of the pickup in Catania or Teaormina.Ports
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.