Most Rewarding View in Rio: Pedra da Gávea Hike
Join us on one of the most exhilirating hikes in Rio de Janeiro! Located inside the city, Pedra da Gávea is the world's largest coastal monolith and a must experience place. Feel the mysticism surrounding this space and marvel in the views in this life-changing tour!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Trilingual Guiding Services (EN / ESP / PT)
- Individual Safety Equipment
- Private health insurance
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- Food, Beverages, Tips and Extras
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Rio de Janeiro at 7:30 am, before taking a 30-minute ride to Tijuca National Park.
Once there, we will begin a brilliant two-and-a-half-hour trek to the top of Pedra da Gávea. Along the way, we will encounter Brazil's most representative fauna and vegetation.
As the last stage of the hike involves a rock climbing ascent of an 80-foot cliff face. It is not necessary to have previous climbing experience, as an instructor will help you through every step with the proper safety equipment. Once at the top, you will be rewarded with wonderful picture-postcard views.
After we will abseil back down the summit of Pedra da Gávea before starting the trek back to the original starting point. Along the way, we will pass a beautiful waterfall, the ideal place to rest and have something to eat (not included).
When we finish the tour, we will return to the starting point of Rio around 4 pm.
• Pedra da Gavea, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-261 Brazil
Departure Point :Bar do Oswaldo, Estr. do Joá, 3896 - Joá, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22611-022, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up covered area: Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, São Conrado, Barra da Tijuca (Jardim Oceânico only), Gávea, Jardim Botânico, Lagoa, Botafogo, Flamengo, Laranjeiras, Cosme Velho, Catete, Glória, Santa Teresa, Lapa, Centro.An extra fee will apply for pickups outside these neighborhoods.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Pregnant women and anyone with back or neck pain, heart problems or other serious medical complaints are not allowed to participate
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to your late arrival (15 min. of tolerance)
- No sandals; sport or hiking shoes only
- Tour duration may vary depending on city traffic, group size, week day, etc.
- Minimum age is 10 years; minors must be accompanied by an adult
- All guides are experienced and licensed for rock climbing. All safety equipment provided is UIAA certified
- Itaway Ecotours shall not be responsible for any kind of loss, accident, incident, sickness or injury. It is advisable that the traveler should avail a travel insurance as there can be chances of potential risks and hazards. Also, by booking this tour the traveler declares that him/her and/or his/her group is/are mentally and physically able to participate
- Recommended (individually): bring a a bagpack, light clothes, windbreaker / rainjacket, 2L of water, snacks, sunglasses, bug repellent, sunblock, plastic bag for garbage, extra money and your camera!
- For private tours, please send us an email right after booking the tour/activity
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.