Moscow Culture Tour: 'Russian Versailles' Arkhangelskoye Park and Palace
If you’re a culture vulture, opt in for a historic and nature private tour of Archangelskoe Estate, the palace and park ensemble of the late 18th-early 19th century, located on the banks of the Moscow River.
Live la dolce vita exploring Archangelskoe Park and Palace, which is a wonderland with a scenic French sculpture garden, a 17th century church, European art pieces from the 18th-20th centuries, the Yusopov mausoleum built in 1910..
The manor is an ideal holiday hotspot which most tourists do not know about. It is roughly defined as a “Moscow Versailles” and will give you a true picture of luxurious Roman villas and castles of the French with their terraces, green lawns, bobbed alleys, numerous marble statues, a strict grid layout of avenues and trees. Get inspired and take a ton of postcard-looking photos.
Your private local guide will meet you in the hotel lobby.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes
- Multiple start times available
- Unique local experience
- Friendly local guide
- Private tour
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Iconic places for photo shoot
- Flexible customizable itinerary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Arkhangelskoye Estate and Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arkhangelskoye Estate and Museum, Arkhangelskoye 143420 Russia
You will receive a brief overview of city sights from your knowledgeable guide and enjoy a private tour of Archangelskoe Estate exploring the architectural masterpieces and enjoying the Russian landscape.
Located 20 kilometers west from Moscow, the elaborate Archangelskoe Estate is a rare example of the elite residence on the outskirts of Moscow surrounded by a sprawling garden and facing the Moscow River.
Get dramatic views, listen to interesting stories and get up close and personal with a private residence of Russian elite of 18-19th centuries.
Timing is flexible and you can start the tour any time you prefer.
This tour can be customized to make it a unique experience for you. Your private local guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and discuss the tour itinerary with you at the beginning of the tour.
10 am – Hotel pick-up
Your private friendly local guide will pick you up from your centrally-located hotel and you will take a brief city tour by car on your way to the Archangelskoe Estate.
10.40 am – 12.20 pm – See Big and Small Palaces, beautiful gardens, churches, the tiny Tea House, monuments of Catherine the Great and Alexander Pushkin, Upper and Lower Terraces
The estate was built in a neoclassical style and looks like it came from a vintage movie set. One of its highlights is a terraced park decorated with many antique statues. Arkhangelskoe's oldest buildings are the church of Archangel Michael (1646) and Saint Gates (1820s).
Take a walk around the park for nature nooks and architectural gems. The Archangelskoe ensemble features a stunning collection of fine art. Artifacts include sculptures, paintings, ceramics, furniture and interior.
Following the fashion in the Enlightenment period, Yusupov (one of its owners) displayed his 16,000-volume library and impressive treasure of paintings, which included works by Boucher, Tiepolo and van Dyke. The estate celebrates the harmony of architecture and nature, and you will feel it through all its beautiful elements: 200-year-old larch trees, a fountain "Cupids with Dolphins", sculptural groups "Hercules and Antaeus" and "Menelaus with the body of "Patroclus", balustrade with 44 marble busts of ancient heroes, emperors, philosophers and generals – Caesar, Democritus, Nero, Augustus.
12.20 – 1 pm – Hotel drop-off
After the tour say good-bye to ancient times and get back to bustling Moscow. Your guide will drop you off at your hotel or any centrally-located place you wish, provided that the traffic is good in that area.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide can also meet you at your hotel, hostel, vacation rental or a point of interestYou don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking
- The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Start time is flexible
- Itinerary can be customized to meet your preferences
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.