Moscow By Bike - Afternoon Small Group Tour with Local Guide
Join us on for a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon of cycling around the green heart of Moscow. See some of the city’s most famous sights but also some of her quirky hidden gems too, such as Museon Park with its many statues of Stalin and former Russian leaders. Your local guide will lead you to some of their favourite places to relax in the city and we’ll hit a local market to try some truly authentic Russian snacks. With picturesque green spaces, pretty panoramas and tasty snacks, we can’t think of a better way to spend 3 hours in the city!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Standard bike rental
- Helmet and locker
- One local dish
- A drink at the market
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drink
- Fees for additional bike inventory (if needed)
- Fee in case of bike damage during the tour, gratuities for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Park Kultury Metro Station, Ostozhenka, 53/2/8, Moscow 119021 Russia
Way to Park Kultury metro station - 10 minHop on your bicycles; it’s going to be a smooth ride through the streets and parks of marvellous Moscow!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Muzeon Art Park, Krymskiy Val, 2, Moscow 119049 Russia
We’ll begin by passing the vibrant Museon Park which bills itself as an ‘open air museum,’ full to the brim with unusual sculptures and relics of Russia’s eclectic past. Many of them date back to Soviet times, when propaganda was a powerful tool and sculpture was an effective weapon.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Patriarshy Bridge, Prechistenskaya Embankment, Moscow Russia
Next, we’ll glide along the river embankment and across Patriarch Bridge which we think holds the key to the best views in the city. We will linger here to admire and take photos of the panorama of Moscow river, the Kremlin walls/towers, St Basil Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Balchug St, д. 1, Moskva, Russia, 115035
Balchug Island has a fascinating if somewhat dark history and that’s where we’re heading to next to check out Red October, a former chocolate factory which has evolved into a trendy district buzzing with hip bars and art galleries.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, Volkhonka, 15, Moscow 119019 Russia
Cycling by the Cathedral of Christ the Savior we will reach Prechistinka Street where we’ll uncover more Soviet secrets. We will talk about famous Soviet sculptors and architects and see for ourselves some beautiful examples of the art nouveau style.
Next we’ll head to Maiden Field, a residential quarter, where we will learn about everyday life for modern day Muscovites.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Usachovskiy Market, Ulitsa Usacheva, 26, Moskva, Russia, 119048
If you’re feeling peckish, don’t despair because our next stop will be at a delightful food market called Usachevsky (‘Усачевский’). Here we’ll take a lunch break and try some traditional Russian dishes with vegetables or with meat. We’ll also offer you a tasty and refreshing drink that the locals go crazy for.
After lunch we will ride along the river embarkment, passing by amazing views of the city towards our end point. Before you go, don't forget to tap your local guide for more tips on what else to see, do, and eat during your time in Moscow.
Please note: The tour lasts 3 hours and we will mostly be tackling a flat bike road approximately 10km in length. No special physical preparation is required. We suggest putting on some comfy clothes for cycling and comfy shoes. A bottle of water is a very good idea as well!
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Zubovskiy Bul'var, 11, Moskva, Russia, 119034
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour route is mainly through pedestrianised zones. Please follow the safety instructions provided by the guide so as not to disturb pedestrians. The pace of the ride will be calm with frequent stops on the way to explore the neighbourhoods.
- We recommend that you wear comfortable sport-like clothes and shoes. In case of cold weather please bring a windbreaker or raincoat, or a hat if it’s very sunny.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. We will provide a special child seat for free. Please inform us if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and some other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.