Moscow behind the Scenes with Incredible St.Basil’s Cathedral Private Tour
See Moscow through local eyes on this intriguing 4-hour city walking tour. Check out iconic must-sees such as Pushkinskaya Square, Red Square and colorfully domed St Basil’s Cathedral; and pair them with revealing detours into places only Muscovites know. With your knowledgeable guide, leave the beaten track to sample the city’s favorite fast food, visit an atmospheric Russian Orthodox church, and discover tucked-away haunts often missed by visitors. Hear about Moscow’s imperial and Soviet days, and learn fascinating facts about everyday life in today’s city.
• See iconic Moscow landmarks such as St Basil’s Cathedral, Red Square
• Hear tales of Moscow’s imperial and Soviet eras, and learn about modern-day city life from a local guide
• Sample a ‘cherubek’ deep-fried pastry, a favourite snack of today’s Muscovites (own expense)
• Visit a grand, early 20th-century grocery store and light a candle in a traditional Russian Orthodox church
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Entrance fee to St.Basil's Cathedral
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Saint Basil's Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Lenin's Mausoleum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pushkin Square, Pushkinskaya ploshchad, Moscow Russia
Your Moscow tour will start at Pushkinskaya Square, the main spot for locals to gather and meet. It is the epicentre of many of Moscow’s historical layers: here you’ll find a monument to Pushkin; the avant-garde building of the former main Soviet newspaper; and even the first McDonald’s in Russia. From there, we’re going 100% authentic with a taste of local Russian fast food. We’ll visit a spot that’s popular for selling chebureks, deep-fried pastries filled with minced meat. (Don’t worry if you’re meat-averse — for vegetarians, there are chebureks with potatoes and cheese.) Wash it down with a traditional Russian soft drink or tea, and find out why the locals love this place. This snack spot is rarely visited by tourists, so you’re getting the true taste of local life!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gastronomia Eliseevsky, Tverskaya St., 14, Moscow 125009 Russia
After our short snack stop, your Moscow tour will continue with a visit to the most unlikely of beautiful sites: a grocery store! Not just any grocery store, though — Eliseevsky store is famous for luxurious, neo-baroque interiors.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tverskaya Street (Ulitsa), Tverskaya ulitsa, Moscow Russia
From there, we’ll continue walking along Tverskaya Street, passing by some of Moscow’s main landmarks: the monument to the founder of the city and the governor’s house, and along the way, you’ll learn a bit about Russian theatre, like how it reflects the mysterious Russian soul. Along the way, we’ll visit a Russian Orthodox Church, where we can light a candle and, if we’re lucky, listen to some beautiful choir songs while your guide shares a few personal stories. (Please note that if you wish to go inside the church, you must be wearing clothing that goes below your knees, and women must have a scarf to cover their head.)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Red Square, Moscow 109012 Russia
We will finish our Moscow city tour at the Red Square, the famous heart of Moscow, where you can spot all the legendary landmarks found in guidebooks.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lenin's Mausoleum, Red Square, Moscow 613310 Russia
Here is Lenin’s Tomb, housing the body of the Russian revolutionary.
The idea of creating the mausoleum was based on the ideology of socialism: the party leaders wanted to create a new religion for the Soviet people, which would be closely linked to the party, so the dead body of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin was decided embalmed and placed in a mausoleum.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: GUM, Red Square, 3 Metro Ploshchad Revolyutsii, Moscow 109012 Russia
You’ll also find the GUM department store, with its outstanding interiors and many Soviet attributes — such as kiosks serving the famous Soviet ice cream, which for sure should be on your must-try list!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Saint Basil's Cathedral, Red Square 2, Moscow 109012 Russia
And finally, the main highlight of Red Square is, of course, the 16th-century St. Basil’s Cathedral, with its bright and colourful domes — the classic Red Square scene! Get your cameras ready. Throughout it all, your local guide will share stories from local life and history, and point out sites you may want to see during the rest of your time in Moscow. Get some insider tips on what to do next, where to eat, where to go, and how to get there, before bidding farewell to your new friends in Moscow!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Pamyatnik A.s. Pushkinu, Tverskaya St, Moskva, Russia, 125009
Return Detail :Red Square, Krasnaya ploshchad', Moskva, Russia, 109012
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress standard: If you’d like to go inside the Russian Orthodox Church, please be sure to wear clothing that covers your legs to below the knees. Women must also have a scarf to cover their head.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.