Morocco Desert 3 days to Zagoura From Marrakech
The Erg Chigaga Dunes Desert Tour from Marrakech is one of the most popular and classical Marrakech desert tours. This is optimal for travelers having few available days in Marrakech and hoping absolutely to have a unique and amazing sahara desert experience. The Marrakech desert tour to Erg Chigaga dunes in the desert of Morocco will take you from the authenticity of Marrakech to the wildness of the desert to discover a completely new lifestyle and a exotic Berber people and culture. You will sleep in a Berber tent at the foot of Erg Chigaga dunes and enjoy the Berber music around the fire under stars at night. You will also try camel trekking and sandboaring. This Marrakech desert tour to Erg Chigaga dunes is really an amazing travel experience that will give you a clear idea about this amazing part of Morocco and its people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Private transportation
- Guide / driver
- Breakfast and dinner
- Camel ride
What's excluded :
- Lunches and drinks
- Entrance to kasbah
Day 1: Marrakech - Tinghir
Stop At: Tinerhir, Tinerhir, Souss-Massa
Your shared 3 day desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga will start early in the morning. Depart from Marrakech around 7:30 AM to ait ben haddou through tizi Ntichka pass and the high Atlas Mountains. Many stops will be made along the way. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Kasbah ait ben haddou, which was also served as a set for various Hollywood blockbusters. Continue to Ouazazate and Kasbah Taourirte before lunch. In the afternoon, drive to Tinghir via the valley of the roses before you reach your hotel located in Tinghir. Dinner and overnight.
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Hotel
Day 2: Tinghir – Merzouga
Stop At: Zagora, Zagora, Souss-Massa
After breakfast at your hotel in Tinghir, then drive along the road of 1001 Kasbah to Ouasis of Tinghir, where you will deviate to a minor road driving along the river to todra canyons. After some time at leisure to enjoy the immensity of the hugecliffs, and lunch at a local café (at your leisure), continue early in the afternoon to Rissani , famous for its date market, and being a starting point of the ancient trading caravans crossing the sahara desert to Tomboctou. After a quick stop, continue to Merzouga driving through some rocky desert landscape, meet your camel caravan, and ride your camels through the amazing color-changing sand dunes with the sunset in the horizon as a backdrop. Reach your Sahara Desert camp, nestled in the middle of nowhere just before darkness.
After some time to admire the sand dunes and the surrounding landscapes, get ready for a Moroccan dinner served under the stars next to a camp fire. Late at night, enjoy berber music with the local hosts playing drums
Duration: 7 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight stay in tents
Day 3: Merzouga – Marrakech
Stop At: Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Safi
Get up early to watch the stunning sunrise over the Sahara and enjoy a nice camel ride. Then, enjoy a delicious breakfast before leaving to Tamgroute. Located about 20km from Zagora and passing by the old road of Tambouctou. Visit the oldest and first Moroccan library that was created in the 16th century. It contains wonderful illuminated Korans and well preserved scientific and literary works. Then, head the road to Marrakech through Deraa’s valley palm. Have lunch in Tamnougalt (old Kasbah of Agdz), then continue through the Anti Atlas Mountains toward Ouarzazate then to Marrakech via Tichka Pass. You will reach your accommodation late in the afternoon.
Duration: 10 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.